As a scraggly geezer-tramp, Patrick Stewart’s got it all down: the hunched back, the bowlegged gait, the perforated voice that screams for a nice cup of tea. And while Kyle MacLachlan makes a fine Broadway debut as the subdued nobody who takes him in, the real treat in this revival of Harold Pinter’s 1959 play is Aidan Gillen (from the U.K.’s ”Queer as Folk”), channeling Sid Vicious as MacLachlan’s aimless punk brother. With typical bouts of silence, Pinter pinpoints the sheer defeat endured by many a mid-20th-century Englishman. At the same time, his characters are so beaten down (they rarely stray from mundane talk about shoes and furniture and renovations to their junk-filled flat) that they never fully summon the ire to beat each other up verbally. Too bad, since that’s where the fun usually begins. (212-719-1300)
The Caretaker As a scraggly geezer-tramp, Patrick Stewart's got it all down: the hunched back, the bowlegged gait, the perforated voice that screams for a nice cup...The Caretaker As a scraggly geezer-tramp, Patrick Stewart's got it all down: the hunched back, the bowlegged gait, the perforated voice that screams for a nice cup...2003-11-21
Starring: Patrick Stewart; Director: David Jones (Director); Opening Date: 10/24/2003
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!