As a scraggly geezer-tramp, Patrick Stewart’s got it all down: the hunched back, the bowlegged gait, the perforated voice that screams for a nice cup of tea. And while Kyle MacLachlan makes a fine Broadway debut as the subdued nobody who takes him in, the real treat in this revival of Harold Pinter’s 1959 play is Aidan Gillen (from the U.K.’s ”Queer as Folk”), channeling Sid Vicious as MacLachlan’s aimless punk brother. With typical bouts of silence, Pinter pinpoints the sheer defeat endured by many a mid-20th-century Englishman. At the same time, his characters are so beaten down (they rarely stray from mundane talk about shoes and furniture and renovations to their junk-filled flat) that they never fully summon the ire to beat each other up verbally. Too bad, since that’s where the fun usually begins. (212-719-1300)
The Caretaker As a scraggly geezer-tramp, Patrick Stewart's got it all down: the hunched back, the bowlegged gait, the perforated voice that screams for a nice cup...The Caretaker As a scraggly geezer-tramp, Patrick Stewart's got it all down: the hunched back, the bowlegged gait, the perforated voice that screams for a nice cup...2003-11-21
Starring: Patrick Stewart; Director: David Jones (Director); Opening Date: 10/24/2003
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Negan terrorizing Carl
- 'The Walking Dead': Chandler Riggs on Carl's biggest episode ever
- Juliette Lewis talks explosive 'Secrets and Lies' finale
- Tom Cruise joins the world of gods and monsters in 'The Mummy' trailer
- 'Once Upon a Time': The hooded figure is revealed!
- Justin Bieber confirms he's single: 'I'm not really looking either'
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big