Though they’ve been writing songs since the early ’60s, Kander and Ebb reached new heights after ”Chicago” won the Oscar last March. Over the years, there were plenty of hits (”Cabaret,” ”Kiss of the Spider Woman”) and flops (the ironically titled ”Happy Time”). Longtime muse Liza Minnelli provides a glowing introduction to this frank, funny memoir, in which the pair dishes about stars like ”Liza With a Z” (as they dubbed her in song) and Frank Sinatra, who ”murdered everybody’s lyrics” – including Ebb’s for ”New York, New York.” While two 40-year careers could fill more than one book, ”Lights” is more illuminating than any ”Behind the Music.”
Colored Lights Though they've been writing songs since the early '60s, Kander and Ebb reached new heights after ''Chicago'' won the Oscar last March. Over the years,...Colored LightsFred Ebb, John Kander, Greg Lawrence Though they've been writing songs since the early '60s, Kander and Ebb reached new heights after ''Chicago'' won the Oscar last March. Over the years,...2003-11-21
Author: Fred Ebb, John Kander, Greg Lawrence
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!