”If she were any better looking, there’d be a holiday for her.” That’s Patton’s typically snappy description of Dana Waverleigh, a femme fatale caught in a jam: She’s dating Portland, Ore., DA Max Travis and he’s hot on the trail of her ex-boyfriend, Jack Nitzl, in a home-invasion case. Trouble is, Dana had unwittingly tipped off Jack about a safe in the burglarized house and he’s threatening to implicate her unless she literally squeezes Max for info. Then there’s the little problem of Jack’s accomplice, Nicky Bortolotti, a crystal-meth head and potential loose cannon. Patton’s second Max Travis mystery (after 2000’s ”The Shake”) weaves a tantalizing plot around these colorful characters. Stylishly crafted without descending into neo-noir mannerisms, Dana reads like Raymond Chandler on crank.
Dying For Dana ''If she were any better looking, there'd be a holiday for her.'' That's Patton's typically snappy description of Dana Waverleigh, a femme fatale...Dying For DanaFiction, Mystery and ThrillerJim Patton ''If she were any better looking, there'd be a holiday for her.'' That's Patton's typically snappy description of Dana Waverleigh, a femme fatale...2003-11-21
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Jim Patton
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!