Jesus admitting he’s ”a bit gay,” an adult man in diapers, and a chorus line of tap-dancing Ku Klux Klansmen are just some of the characters you’ll meet in this outrageous (and outrageously successful) musical celebration of the trash-TV show. Now in London’s West End after premiering at the National Theatre there, it’s exactly what it says on the label – a modern opera by Richard Thomas and Stewart Lee that is as musically literate and inventive as it is verbally scabrous. Michael Brandon impersonates Springer with uncanny verisimilitude, evident on opening night when the real Jerry joined him on stage for a curtain call. (01144-870-060-1733)
Jerry Springer The Opera Jesus admitting he's ''a bit gay,'' an adult man in diapers, and a chorus line of tap-dancing Ku Klux Klansmen are just some of the characters you'll...Jerry Springer The Opera Jesus admitting he's ''a bit gay,'' an adult man in diapers, and a chorus line of tap-dancing Ku Klux Klansmen are just some of the characters you'll...2003-11-21
Starring: Michael Brandon
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- See the exclusive trailer to Amy Berg's explosive Hollywood pedophile documentary, 'An Open Secret'
- 'Person of Interest' post-mortem: Showrunners talk emotional finale and the return of Taraji P. Henson
- 'Agents of SHIELD': Inside the tie-in to 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
- 'Person of Interest' season 4 finale react: A new world order
- 'Forever' exec producer on Henry's secret--safe or out?
- Casting Net: Ashton Kutcher, Josh Hartnett cast in James Franco's 'The Long Home'
- Tom Brokaw vs. cancer: 'Dateline' special
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!