Two years after saving the world from temporal chaos, alluring operative Lara Croft returns, now on the hunt for Pandora’s box in various exotic locales – fighting off a roaring shark near Santorini, parachuting an orb of crucial information to safety in Hong Kong. Yet the now-formulaic plot leaves little to the imagination, and the stale dialogue makes our sexy heroine seem more brawn than brains. Sadly, this Cradle does not rock. EXTRAS Making-of docs on the visual effects and Jolie’s weaponry and stunt training show what it takes to become a butt-kicking, gun-thrusting action figure. But much like the movie, the remaining features – including standard commentary, a few music videos, and an unenlightening screen test – offer little Life support.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Angelina Jolie, Chris Barrie, Gerard Butler, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Jan de Bont; Author: Dean Georgaris; Release Date Wide: 07/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Adele invites Adele drag impersonator on stage
- Seth Meyers takes A Closer Look at day 2 of the DNC & that giant joint
- Kanye West: 'I am so glad my wife has Snapchat'
- 'The Great Wall': 5 images from the Matt Damon monster movie
- Trevor Noah: Donald Trump's role models are Putin, Hussein, Kim Jong Un
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Fallon play Box of Lies
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels