Two years after saving the world from temporal chaos, alluring operative Lara Croft returns, now on the hunt for Pandora’s box in various exotic locales – fighting off a roaring shark near Santorini, parachuting an orb of crucial information to safety in Hong Kong. Yet the now-formulaic plot leaves little to the imagination, and the stale dialogue makes our sexy heroine seem more brawn than brains. Sadly, this Cradle does not rock. EXTRAS Making-of docs on the visual effects and Jolie’s weaponry and stunt training show what it takes to become a butt-kicking, gun-thrusting action figure. But much like the movie, the remaining features – including standard commentary, a few music videos, and an unenlightening screen test – offer little Life support.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Angelina Jolie, Chris Barrie, Gerard Butler, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Jan de Bont; Author: Dean Georgaris; Release Date Wide: 07/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member
- Why The Final Girls is the new (scary) Pleasantville
- '12 Monkeys' cast and co-creator tease new, surprising alliances in season 2
- Composer John Williams scores AFI Life Achievement Award
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' debuts with scary good ratings
- Bruno Mars teams with 'Empire' producer for NBC family comedy
- See the trailer for Janis Joplin documentary 'Janis: Little Girl Blue'