Two years after saving the world from temporal chaos, alluring operative Lara Croft returns, now on the hunt for Pandora’s box in various exotic locales – fighting off a roaring shark near Santorini, parachuting an orb of crucial information to safety in Hong Kong. Yet the now-formulaic plot leaves little to the imagination, and the stale dialogue makes our sexy heroine seem more brawn than brains. Sadly, this Cradle does not rock. EXTRAS Making-of docs on the visual effects and Jolie’s weaponry and stunt training show what it takes to become a butt-kicking, gun-thrusting action figure. But much like the movie, the remaining features – including standard commentary, a few music videos, and an unenlightening screen test – offer little Life support.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Angelina Jolie, Chris Barrie, Gerard Butler, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Jan de Bont; Author: Dean Georgaris; Release Date Wide: 07/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Billy Eichner makes Tina a witch on 'Bob’s Burgers'
- Unreleased Prince music coming in 2017
- Weird Al turned the final presidential debate into a song
- Colbert rips Trump again for election comments
- What to Watch This Weekend: 'The Walking Dead,' obviously
- Jimmy Kimmel hires Doctor Strange for kids' birthday party
- 'Guilt' canceled by Freeform after one season