Two years after saving the world from temporal chaos, alluring operative Lara Croft returns, now on the hunt for Pandora’s box in various exotic locales – fighting off a roaring shark near Santorini, parachuting an orb of crucial information to safety in Hong Kong. Yet the now-formulaic plot leaves little to the imagination, and the stale dialogue makes our sexy heroine seem more brawn than brains. Sadly, this Cradle does not rock. EXTRAS Making-of docs on the visual effects and Jolie’s weaponry and stunt training show what it takes to become a butt-kicking, gun-thrusting action figure. But much like the movie, the remaining features – including standard commentary, a few music videos, and an unenlightening screen test – offer little Life support.
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy, Action/Adventure; Starring: Angelina Jolie, Chris Barrie, Gerard Butler, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Jan de Bont; Author: Dean Georgaris; Release Date Wide: 07/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 118; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Paramount Pictures
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'