You with the sad eyes. Yes, you, Cyndi Lauper. What’s with these stripped-down renditions of songs like ”Unchained Melody” and ”Walk on By”? They’re already tearjerkers, but then you go and make them extra lachrymose by singing with such restraint that each pointed lyric of pain penetrates. Sure, you do your wanting-to-have-fun thing on the merengue-brightened ”Stay,” and you and Tony Bennett do ”Makin’ Whoopee” nice and loose. But mostly you tread softly in tender places. That’s not what we expected. You really are so unusual.
At Last You with the sad eyes. Yes, you, Cyndi Lauper. What's with these stripped-down renditions of songs like ''Unchained Melody'' and ''Walk on By''? They...At Last You with the sad eyes. Yes, you, Cyndi Lauper. What's with these stripped-down renditions of songs like ''Unchained Melody'' and ''Walk on By''? They...2003-11-21
Lead Performer: Cyndi Lauper
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Chris Pine reportedly signed for 'Wonder Woman'
- 'Orange Is the New Black': What happened to Nicky Nichols?
- Lee Daniels goes behind the scenes of 'American Crime Story'
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Harris Wittels' cause of death confirmed to be accidental overdose
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!