You with the sad eyes. Yes, you, Cyndi Lauper. What’s with these stripped-down renditions of songs like ”Unchained Melody” and ”Walk on By”? They’re already tearjerkers, but then you go and make them extra lachrymose by singing with such restraint that each pointed lyric of pain penetrates. Sure, you do your wanting-to-have-fun thing on the merengue-brightened ”Stay,” and you and Tony Bennett do ”Makin’ Whoopee” nice and loose. But mostly you tread softly in tender places. That’s not what we expected. You really are so unusual.
At Last You with the sad eyes. Yes, you, Cyndi Lauper. What's with these stripped-down renditions of songs like ''Unchained Melody'' and ''Walk on By''? They...At Last You with the sad eyes. Yes, you, Cyndi Lauper. What's with these stripped-down renditions of songs like ''Unchained Melody'' and ''Walk on By''? They...2003-11-21
Lead Performer: Cyndi Lauper
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- 'The View': Rosie Perez says she would return for a 'visit'
- J.K. Rowling sorts James Sirius Potter and Teddy Lupin into Hogwarts houses
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!