Hot on the heels of ”Avenue Q” comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (”How I Learned to Drive”) about a miserable family holiday that climaxes in a car accident. The squabbling parents are Broadway vets Randy Graff and Mark Blum, while the children are very lifelike puppets. (They’re the striking creations of master puppeteer Basil Twist, and they often upstage their human costars.) Thanks to Vogel’s lyrical writing and ambitious approach – which draws on various Japanese theater traditions – ”Ride”’s not your average dysfunctional-family drama. (212-353-0303)
The Long Christmas Ride Home Hot on the heels of ''Avenue Q'' comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (''How I Learned to Drive'') about a miserable family holiday that...The Long Christmas Ride Home Hot on the heels of ''Avenue Q'' comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (''How I Learned to Drive'') about a miserable family holiday that...2003-11-21
Starring: Mark Blum, Randy Graff; Director: Paula Vogel
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!