Hot on the heels of ”Avenue Q” comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (”How I Learned to Drive”) about a miserable family holiday that climaxes in a car accident. The squabbling parents are Broadway vets Randy Graff and Mark Blum, while the children are very lifelike puppets. (They’re the striking creations of master puppeteer Basil Twist, and they often upstage their human costars.) Thanks to Vogel’s lyrical writing and ambitious approach – which draws on various Japanese theater traditions – ”Ride”’s not your average dysfunctional-family drama. (212-353-0303)
The Long Christmas Ride Home Hot on the heels of ''Avenue Q'' comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (''How I Learned to Drive'') about a miserable family holiday that...The Long Christmas Ride Home Hot on the heels of ''Avenue Q'' comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (''How I Learned to Drive'') about a miserable family holiday that...2003-11-21
Starring: Mark Blum, Randy Graff; Director: Paula Vogel
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Christina Applegate is a terrible Meryl Streep in Funny or Die's Lifetime spoof
- Wrestling legend Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged in 1983 murder
- Meet Denise, Kermit the Frog's new love interest
- And the Oscar producing gig goes to...
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch on Team Street's best exit
- 'Daily Show with Trevor Noah' promo previews a few changes with new host
- See T-Pain sing the national anthem at a Dodgers game
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!