Hot on the heels of ”Avenue Q” comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (”How I Learned to Drive”) about a miserable family holiday that climaxes in a car accident. The squabbling parents are Broadway vets Randy Graff and Mark Blum, while the children are very lifelike puppets. (They’re the striking creations of master puppeteer Basil Twist, and they often upstage their human costars.) Thanks to Vogel’s lyrical writing and ambitious approach – which draws on various Japanese theater traditions – ”Ride”’s not your average dysfunctional-family drama. (212-353-0303)
The Long Christmas Ride Home Hot on the heels of ''Avenue Q'' comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (''How I Learned to Drive'') about a miserable family holiday that...The Long Christmas Ride Home Hot on the heels of ''Avenue Q'' comes a puppet play by Pulitzer winner Paula Vogel (''How I Learned to Drive'') about a miserable family holiday that...2003-11-21
Starring: Mark Blum, Randy Graff; Director: Paula Vogel
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Nathan's Hot Dog Eating contest crowned a new champion on July 4
- Diana Douglas, mother of Michael Douglas and ex-wife of Kirk Douglas, dies at 92
- Hello Kitty movie targeted for 2019
- 'Suicide Squad' on-set photo: Harley Quinn birthday cake for Margot Robbie
- Caitlyn Jenner 'proud to be an American'
- Lil Wayne: 'Free Weezy Album' on Tidal
- Bubba Watson says he's removing Confederate flag from his 'Dukes of Hazzard' car
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!