In Richard Curtis’ toasty, star-packed ensemble comedy, a handful of British lonelyhearts attempt to come out of their shells. Hugh Grant, as the prime minister, proves a peerless romantic star, but the movie, in general, is as sweetly munchable as a Christmas cookie, and about as nourishing.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meryl Streep: Hillary Clinton will be first female president
- Hillary Clinton shares empowering message for young girls
- Howard Dean reprises his famous 'Dean Scream' moment during DNC
- Chiwetel Ejiofor in talks to join Robert Redford in 'Come Sunday'
- Lena Dunham, America Ferrera slam Donald Trump at DNC
- Mothers of slain black youth deliver powerful speeches at DNC
- Jessica Chastain in talks to join Jake Gyllenhaal's 'The Division'