After a summer filled with Queer Eye puns, we’re calling for an immediate end to use of the word metrosexual. In case you’ve been trapped in Today’s Man, metrosexual is a term for the evenly moisturized, sensitive – but straight! – guy. First, South Park and Miss Match aired metrosexual-themed shows. Then presidential hopeful Howard Dean declared (and quickly undeclared) his metrosexuality. Now there’s even The Metrosexual Guide to Style, a handbook for the fashion-impaired male. Straight yet well-groomed men of the world, you do not need a media-coined term to validate your penchant for expensive shaving products! The M-word must be retired, put in a lockbox with ”Talk to the hand!” where it will sit, unmentioned, until VH1 takes on I Love the ’00s.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Corden's parents cover WWE Monday Night Raw
- Shonda Rhimes on 'Scandal': 'I never said this was the final season'
- Morrissey reveals world tour dates
- Billy Ray Cyrus comedy 'Still the King' renewed by CMT
- Cartoon Hillary Clinton pokes fun of DNC drama with Stephen Colbert
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Ellen Pompeo's choice to stay ‘based solely on age'
- Jimmy Kimmel's Baby Bachelorette contestants tell all
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years