After a summer filled with Queer Eye puns, we’re calling for an immediate end to use of the word metrosexual. In case you’ve been trapped in Today’s Man, metrosexual is a term for the evenly moisturized, sensitive – but straight! – guy. First, South Park and Miss Match aired metrosexual-themed shows. Then presidential hopeful Howard Dean declared (and quickly undeclared) his metrosexuality. Now there’s even The Metrosexual Guide to Style, a handbook for the fashion-impaired male. Straight yet well-groomed men of the world, you do not need a media-coined term to validate your penchant for expensive shaving products! The M-word must be retired, put in a lockbox with ”Talk to the hand!” where it will sit, unmentioned, until VH1 takes on I Love the ’00s.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Spider-Man': Drew Goddard as director?
- Katy Perry is selling Left Shark onesies now
- Mark Cuban, Ann Coulter in ‘Sharknado 3’
- 'Real Housewives' trailer: Bethenny's back
- Fall 2015 TV pilots: Updated full list
- Ellie Goulding: 'Voice' Team Adam adviser
- 'Empire' star Taraji P. Henson on origins of 'Boo Boo Kitty’