After a summer filled with Queer Eye puns, we’re calling for an immediate end to use of the word metrosexual. In case you’ve been trapped in Today’s Man, metrosexual is a term for the evenly moisturized, sensitive – but straight! – guy. First, South Park and Miss Match aired metrosexual-themed shows. Then presidential hopeful Howard Dean declared (and quickly undeclared) his metrosexuality. Now there’s even The Metrosexual Guide to Style, a handbook for the fashion-impaired male. Straight yet well-groomed men of the world, you do not need a media-coined term to validate your penchant for expensive shaving products! The M-word must be retired, put in a lockbox with ”Talk to the hand!” where it will sit, unmentioned, until VH1 takes on I Love the ’00s.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Gay marriage ruling movie in the works at Fox
- Casting Net: Ellen Page signs on for Iraq War drama Lioness
- Hillary Clinton talks 'SNL' impressions
- Miss USA pageant names new hosts
- Rosie Perez leaving 'The View'
- Jeff Goldblum and wife welcome first son on the only possible day
- Katy Perry's Left Shark returns for Shark Week
- They look like THAT now? See some of the latest child stars all grown up
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!