After a summer filled with Queer Eye puns, we’re calling for an immediate end to use of the word metrosexual. In case you’ve been trapped in Today’s Man, metrosexual is a term for the evenly moisturized, sensitive – but straight! – guy. First, South Park and Miss Match aired metrosexual-themed shows. Then presidential hopeful Howard Dean declared (and quickly undeclared) his metrosexuality. Now there’s even The Metrosexual Guide to Style, a handbook for the fashion-impaired male. Straight yet well-groomed men of the world, you do not need a media-coined term to validate your penchant for expensive shaving products! The M-word must be retired, put in a lockbox with ”Talk to the hand!” where it will sit, unmentioned, until VH1 takes on I Love the ’00s.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- David Tennant helps remix Shakespeare with hip-hop in app
- Saoirse Ronan struggles with homesickness in the first clip from 'Brooklyn'
- Joe Biden to stop by as guest on 'Late Show'
- Vincent Cassel joins cast of the next 'Bourne' film
- Josh Gad gets thumbs-up to play Roger Ebert in Russ & Roger
- Here's what the critics are saying about 'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain'
- Need to catch 'Empire'? Fox airing a full-season marathon on Labor Day
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!