After a summer filled with Queer Eye puns, we’re calling for an immediate end to use of the word metrosexual. In case you’ve been trapped in Today’s Man, metrosexual is a term for the evenly moisturized, sensitive – but straight! – guy. First, South Park and Miss Match aired metrosexual-themed shows. Then presidential hopeful Howard Dean declared (and quickly undeclared) his metrosexuality. Now there’s even The Metrosexual Guide to Style, a handbook for the fashion-impaired male. Straight yet well-groomed men of the world, you do not need a media-coined term to validate your penchant for expensive shaving products! The M-word must be retired, put in a lockbox with ”Talk to the hand!” where it will sit, unmentioned, until VH1 takes on I Love the ’00s.
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ariana Grande rides into the desert with new guy in 'Into You' video
- 'Blindspot' unveils summer-long social scavenger hunt
- 'Blindspot' shocker: Who is Jane Doe, really?
- Animals with A-list voices take center stage in full 'Sing' trailer
- Nyle DiMarco’s freestyle is ‘best’ in ‘DWTS’ history, Carrie-Ann Inaba says
- '12 Monkeys': What's happened to Railly?
- 'The Flash': Can Barry stop Zoom from destroying the multi-verse?