April Fools’ Day, 1919: A young, ambitious publisher (Robert Sean Leonard) receives a mysterious machine that begins to pump out piles of manuscripts – from the future! That’s a perfect setup for Tony-winning playwright Richard Greenberg (”Take Me Out”), who has a shimmering, Stoppard-like talent for spewing language and ideas. But the play’s reams of content fail to coalesce, despite terrific performances from Leonard, an attractive Scott Foley, and a hilarious Mario Cantone.
The Violet Hour April Fools' Day, 1919: A young, ambitious publisher (Robert Sean Leonard) receives a mysterious machine that begins to pump out piles of manuscripts ...The Violet HourRichard Greenberg April Fools' Day, 1919: A young, ambitious publisher (Robert Sean Leonard) receives a mysterious machine that begins to pump out piles of manuscripts ...2003-11-21
Starring: Laura Benanti, Scott Foley, Robert Sean Leonard; Director: Evan Yionoulis; Author: Richard Greenberg; Opening Date: 10/16/2003
Posted November 21 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- First look at the new 'Ghostbusters' uniforms
- Big Sean's 'Play No Games' video is a spot-on parody of 'Martin'
- Floyd Mayweather, Katy Perry top Forbes' Celebrity 100 list
- Vertigo comic book movies headed to New Line
- Marvel’s 'Ant-Man' L.A. premiere livestream: Watch the red carpet arrivals here at 9 ET/6 PT
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!