The CBS working-class comedy has blossomed into perhaps the funniest program on the air. As with a lot of great TV shows, you expect to see some growing pains when revisiting the debut season, but outside of a few extraneous characters (blink and you’ll miss Carrie’s freeloading sister, Sara, who thankfully disappears after a few episodes), The King of Queens: 1st Season is pretty much comedic royalty from the get-go. EXTRAS A pilot commentary track informs us that Leah Remini didn’t like her makeup. (Scandal!) Better is the ”Just Havin’ Fun” featurette, in which Kevin James explains how NBC passed on the show because they thought the characters were ”too dumb.” Who’s stupid now?
(The King of Queens: Tony Esparza)
Posted November 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mel Brooks was 'ready to jump off a roof' over 'Solarbabies' fiasco
- WATCH: 'X-Men: Apocalypse' stars build their ideal mutant garage band
- James Cameron's 'Alita: Battle Angel' casts Rosa Salazar as lead
- WATCH: Dierks Bentley on what influenced new album 'Black'
- 'Top Gear' host Matt LeBlanc teases roofless car race
- Andy Samberg freestyles about bananas in Lonely Island 'Popstar' clip
- Nick Jonas on Miley Cyrus: 'I'm proud of her'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers