The CBS working-class comedy has blossomed into perhaps the funniest program on the air. As with a lot of great TV shows, you expect to see some growing pains when revisiting the debut season, but outside of a few extraneous characters (blink and you’ll miss Carrie’s freeloading sister, Sara, who thankfully disappears after a few episodes), The King of Queens: 1st Season is pretty much comedic royalty from the get-go. EXTRAS A pilot commentary track informs us that Leah Remini didn’t like her makeup. (Scandal!) Better is the ”Just Havin’ Fun” featurette, in which Kevin James explains how NBC passed on the show because they thought the characters were ”too dumb.” Who’s stupid now?
(The King of Queens: Tony Esparza)
Posted November 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Creators Robert and Michelle King talk 'The Good Wife' return
- 'Mad Max' collector's edition Blu-ray: Exclusive release details
- Missy Elliott and Pharrell are in the studio together
- See Eddie Redmayne in his next big role as Lili Elbe in The Danish Girl
- Carlton Cuse looks back on his long and unique career
- Kanye apology to Beck, Bruno Mars
- Carly Rae Jepsen returns with 'I Really Like You'--and Tom Hanks?!
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!