The CBS working-class comedy has blossomed into perhaps the funniest program on the air. As with a lot of great TV shows, you expect to see some growing pains when revisiting the debut season, but outside of a few extraneous characters (blink and you’ll miss Carrie’s freeloading sister, Sara, who thankfully disappears after a few episodes), The King of Queens: 1st Season is pretty much comedic royalty from the get-go. EXTRAS A pilot commentary track informs us that Leah Remini didn’t like her makeup. (Scandal!) Better is the ”Just Havin’ Fun” featurette, in which Kevin James explains how NBC passed on the show because they thought the characters were ”too dumb.” Who’s stupid now?
(The King of Queens: Tony Esparza)
Posted November 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Nicki Minaj drops 'The Night Is Still Young' video on Tidal
- TLC yanks '19 Kids and Counting' reruns
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- Robert De Niro to grads: 'You're f---ed'
- Kurt Sutter's new series a go at FX
- Mike Huckabee posts support for Duggars
- 'Tomorrowland': What did the critics think?
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!