The CBS working-class comedy has blossomed into perhaps the funniest program on the air. As with a lot of great TV shows, you expect to see some growing pains when revisiting the debut season, but outside of a few extraneous characters (blink and you’ll miss Carrie’s freeloading sister, Sara, who thankfully disappears after a few episodes), The King of Queens: 1st Season is pretty much comedic royalty from the get-go. EXTRAS A pilot commentary track informs us that Leah Remini didn’t like her makeup. (Scandal!) Better is the ”Just Havin’ Fun” featurette, in which Kevin James explains how NBC passed on the show because they thought the characters were ”too dumb.” Who’s stupid now?
(The King of Queens: Tony Esparza)
Posted November 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Gunn's parents visited the set of 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2'
- 'Captain America: Civil War' video spotlights Steve-Bucky relationship
- WATCH: Susan Sarandon & Geena Davis reunite to talk 'Thelma & Louise'
- 'Hamilton' pays tribute to 'Rent' on show’s 20th anniversary
- Will Ferrell, Chad Smith host ‘Red Hot’ charity drum-off
- 'Penny Dreadful': Josh Hartnett on his chemistry with Eva Green
- Bill Maher compares Donald Trump to Andrew Dice Clay on 'Real Time'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch