”The O.C.”’s ancestors include everything from ”90210” to ”Say Anything”…, and the arrival of 23-year-old Samaire Armstrong as Anna – the punky blonde pining for Adam Brody’s Seth – has us recalling another iconic teen drama, ”Some Kind of Wonderful.” EW did some recon on the latest actress to embrace the Mary Stuart Masterson-mastered tomboy-competing-with-babe-for-sensitive-guy role. Where you’ve seen her before As half of ”Not Another Teen Movie”’s Siamese twins. ”We were attached at the head for, like, 16 hours,” she says. ”We had to go to the bathroom together and all that stuff.” Her work ethic ”You can’t act that you’re excited about kissing – you’ve gotta get into it,” Armstrong says of smooching Brody. ”I don’t really have a type, but he’s definitely boyfriend quality.” Why she thinks Anna has a chance over Summer ”I did a pilot, and I’m possibly doing this movie where [the plot is] the same thing: I’m the best friend, and he likes this other girl. And life imitates art – I fell in love with my male best friend [in real life], and we’re dating now.”
Posted November 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Disney's live-action 'Nutcracker' casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- WATCH: Anthony Anderson sings in 'Doc McStuffins' season premiere
- Donald Trump sent cease and desist letter from The O'Jays
- 'Stranger Things' bosses tease 'darker' season 2
- 'Wolf Creek' TV show to spook viewers in October
- Netflix chief: There are too many 'mediocre' shows
- Questlove condemns Bill O'Reilly for slavery comments
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels