”The O.C.”’s ancestors include everything from ”90210” to ”Say Anything”…, and the arrival of 23-year-old Samaire Armstrong as Anna – the punky blonde pining for Adam Brody’s Seth – has us recalling another iconic teen drama, ”Some Kind of Wonderful.” EW did some recon on the latest actress to embrace the Mary Stuart Masterson-mastered tomboy-competing-with-babe-for-sensitive-guy role. Where you’ve seen her before As half of ”Not Another Teen Movie”’s Siamese twins. ”We were attached at the head for, like, 16 hours,” she says. ”We had to go to the bathroom together and all that stuff.” Her work ethic ”You can’t act that you’re excited about kissing – you’ve gotta get into it,” Armstrong says of smooching Brody. ”I don’t really have a type, but he’s definitely boyfriend quality.” Why she thinks Anna has a chance over Summer ”I did a pilot, and I’m possibly doing this movie where [the plot is] the same thing: I’m the best friend, and he likes this other girl. And life imitates art – I fell in love with my male best friend [in real life], and we’re dating now.”
Posted November 28 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Alessandra Ambrósio, The Kardashians, Malin Akerman & More!