Make all the amateur-porn-video jokes you want, but Paris Hilton may get the last laugh. Her reality show ”The Simple Life” scored big for Fox. According to early numbers from Nielsen, some 13 million people tuned in to Tuesday’s premiere to see what the socialite looks like with her clothes on. Her ”Green Acres”-style adventures on an Arkansas farm with pal Nicole Richie was the evening’s highest-rated show among teens and among adults 18 to 49, Fox announced. ”Simple” easily beat the debut of NBC’s ”The Tracy Morgan Show.” Fox already has another episode lined up for Wednesday night; given the choice between watching Al Roker flip the switch on the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and watching Paris and Nicole discuss chicken-plucking and threesomes, which do you think viewers will pick?
Posted December 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Toni Collette, Tracy Letts, and Sam Trammell join Daniel Radcliffe thriller 'Imperium'
- Patrick Ness on writing fantastical fiction for teens in 'The Rest of Us Just Live Here'
- Watch how Jim Henson's Creature Shop creates the puppets in 'Oscar's Hotel'
- LCD Soundsystem has no plans to reunite despite reports
- Terror goes viral in exclusive trailer for Chloe Sevigny-starring '#Horror'
- John Boehner drops out of 'Tonight Show' appearance
- Netflix raised the price of its most popular subscription