Make all the amateur-porn-video jokes you want, but Paris Hilton may get the last laugh. Her reality show ”The Simple Life” scored big for Fox. According to early numbers from Nielsen, some 13 million people tuned in to Tuesday’s premiere to see what the socialite looks like with her clothes on. Her ”Green Acres”-style adventures on an Arkansas farm with pal Nicole Richie was the evening’s highest-rated show among teens and among adults 18 to 49, Fox announced. ”Simple” easily beat the debut of NBC’s ”The Tracy Morgan Show.” Fox already has another episode lined up for Wednesday night; given the choice between watching Al Roker flip the switch on the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and watching Paris and Nicole discuss chicken-plucking and threesomes, which do you think viewers will pick?
Posted December 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shonda Rhimes blasts Bill O'Reilly: 'Try slavery, Bill'
- '20th Century Women' gets New York Film Festival centerpiece premiere
- 'Bachelorette': Aaron Rodgers breaks silence on brother Jordan's run
- Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt discuss burning through millions
- WATCH: Lea Seydoux as Belle in exclusive 'Beauty and the Beast' trailer
- 'Mr. Robot': Does anyone actually like hallucination theory?
- Garth Brooks to launch SiriusXM channel with Ryman Auditorium show
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels