Make all the amateur-porn-video jokes you want, but Paris Hilton may get the last laugh. Her reality show ”The Simple Life” scored big for Fox. According to early numbers from Nielsen, some 13 million people tuned in to Tuesday’s premiere to see what the socialite looks like with her clothes on. Her ”Green Acres”-style adventures on an Arkansas farm with pal Nicole Richie was the evening’s highest-rated show among teens and among adults 18 to 49, Fox announced. ”Simple” easily beat the debut of NBC’s ”The Tracy Morgan Show.” Fox already has another episode lined up for Wednesday night; given the choice between watching Al Roker flip the switch on the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and watching Paris and Nicole discuss chicken-plucking and threesomes, which do you think viewers will pick?
Posted December 3 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Mark Wahlberg's 'Patriots Day' to close AFI Fest
- Bill Murray shares adorable childhood photo proving his Chicago Cubs fandom
- 'Office Christmas Party' directors say film is 'life-affirming,' 'really f---ed up'
- 'La La Land': Emma Stone, Ryan Gosling dazzle in dreamy exclusive image
- David Beckham, Emma Stone, and Drake freak out in David Blaine promo
- 'Mean Girls' star on sequel: 'Can we do this already?!'
- 'Supergirl': Chris Wood on whether Mon-El is 'superhero material'