Bob Burns is a Movie Fan – you earn such capitalization by adding 3,000 square feet to your house strictly to accommodate an obsession. Burns, 68, who resides in Burbank with his ”very patient” wife, Kathy, is a caretaker of sci-fi silver-screen memorabilia, including a space freighter’s worth of props from Fox’s ”Alien” series. ”I’ve become known as the guy who’ll take care of this stuff,” says the now-retired Burns, who worked in the CBS film department for 35 years and counts among his friends ”Aliens”’ director, James Cameron. Fox borrowed back Burns’ cherished alien queen for ”Alien Resurrection” and the upcoming ”Alien vs. Predator,” but the Movie Fan doesn’t mind, explaining ”I’m like a storehouse.” Then he adds solemnly: ”The props are as important as paintings in the Louvre – they’re works of art. And you’ll never see them on eBay.” (Burns stars in ”Aliens in the Basement,” a featurette on the ”Alien Quadrilogy” DVD, out Dec. 2.)
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to star in Discovery pilot 'Rockin' Roadsters'
- 'The Flash' star Danielle Panabaker teases Killer Frost's icy Earth-2 debut
- Jacob Tremblay continues to be charming, poses with Sylvester Stallone
- See Shepard Fairey's poster for Michael Moore's 'Where To Invade Next'
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: George Lopez has 'white-man problems' in 'Lopez'
- Lena Dunham opens up about endometriosis in Facebook post
- #OscarsSoWhite: Sylvester Stallone was ready to boycott Academy Awards