Bob Burns is a Movie Fan – you earn such capitalization by adding 3,000 square feet to your house strictly to accommodate an obsession. Burns, 68, who resides in Burbank with his ”very patient” wife, Kathy, is a caretaker of sci-fi silver-screen memorabilia, including a space freighter’s worth of props from Fox’s ”Alien” series. ”I’ve become known as the guy who’ll take care of this stuff,” says the now-retired Burns, who worked in the CBS film department for 35 years and counts among his friends ”Aliens”’ director, James Cameron. Fox borrowed back Burns’ cherished alien queen for ”Alien Resurrection” and the upcoming ”Alien vs. Predator,” but the Movie Fan doesn’t mind, explaining ”I’m like a storehouse.” Then he adds solemnly: ”The props are as important as paintings in the Louvre – they’re works of art. And you’ll never see them on eBay.” (Burns stars in ”Aliens in the Basement,” a featurette on the ”Alien Quadrilogy” DVD, out Dec. 2.)
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Moby explains why he ‘doesn’t ever want to tour again'
- Pussy Riot slam Trump in brutal new song, 'Make America Great Again'
- Donald Trump slams Hillary Clinton for attending Adele concert
- Miley Cyrus comments on engagement ring
- Seth Meyers mocks Donald Trump's Obamacare response
- Justin Timberlake on his voting booth selfie: 'I had no idea!'
- Elijah Wood turned down the chance to fight Daniel Radcliffe
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers