Bob Burns is a Movie Fan – you earn such capitalization by adding 3,000 square feet to your house strictly to accommodate an obsession. Burns, 68, who resides in Burbank with his ”very patient” wife, Kathy, is a caretaker of sci-fi silver-screen memorabilia, including a space freighter’s worth of props from Fox’s ”Alien” series. ”I’ve become known as the guy who’ll take care of this stuff,” says the now-retired Burns, who worked in the CBS film department for 35 years and counts among his friends ”Aliens”’ director, James Cameron. Fox borrowed back Burns’ cherished alien queen for ”Alien Resurrection” and the upcoming ”Alien vs. Predator,” but the Movie Fan doesn’t mind, explaining ”I’m like a storehouse.” Then he adds solemnly: ”The props are as important as paintings in the Louvre – they’re works of art. And you’ll never see them on eBay.” (Burns stars in ”Aliens in the Basement,” a featurette on the ”Alien Quadrilogy” DVD, out Dec. 2.)
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere