Steven Seagal alert! To play gruff Capt. Jack Aubrey in the 19th-century seafaring epic ”Master and Commander,” Russell Crowe pulled his tresses into an era-appropriate ponytail. And style mavens aren’t exactly on board with the ‘do. ”It totally works for the movie,” concedes Danna Weiss, who’s styled such dapper males as D’Angelo and Jon Bon Jovi, ”because his character has no time for silly things like hair.” But please, guys, no copycat tails. ”It’s so not fashionable it’s not even funny,” sniffs Weiss. Don’t let Furio from ”The Sopranos” hear that.
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- The Monkees release new song written by XTC's Andy Partridge
- 'Killer POV' lives! Horror podcast team reassembles as 'Shock Waves'
- Arsenio Hall refutes Sinead O'Connor charge that he gave Prince drugs
- 'Bates Motel': Kerry Ehrin, Freddie Highmore on Monday's episode
- Kristen Stewart, Gabourey Sidibe to direct short films for Refinery29
- 'DWTS': Nyle DiMarco just got robbed of a 10... again
- Bono joins Lupita Nyong'o, 'Eclipsed' cast to remember kidnapped girls
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters