Steven Seagal alert! To play gruff Capt. Jack Aubrey in the 19th-century seafaring epic ”Master and Commander,” Russell Crowe pulled his tresses into an era-appropriate ponytail. And style mavens aren’t exactly on board with the ‘do. ”It totally works for the movie,” concedes Danna Weiss, who’s styled such dapper males as D’Angelo and Jon Bon Jovi, ”because his character has no time for silly things like hair.” But please, guys, no copycat tails. ”It’s so not fashionable it’s not even funny,” sniffs Weiss. Don’t let Furio from ”The Sopranos” hear that.
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Student Academy Award winners announced
- Lance Bass: Gay dating show will be 'more realistic' than 'The Bachelor'
- Gene Wilder: An appreciation
- Here's where you can watch Gene Wilder's best movies
- Alicia Silverstone, Mena Suvari Share 'American Woman' Photos
- 'Stranger Things' stars share adorable on-set photos
- Oops! VMAs ratings fall sharply