Steven Seagal alert! To play gruff Capt. Jack Aubrey in the 19th-century seafaring epic ”Master and Commander,” Russell Crowe pulled his tresses into an era-appropriate ponytail. And style mavens aren’t exactly on board with the ‘do. ”It totally works for the movie,” concedes Danna Weiss, who’s styled such dapper males as D’Angelo and Jon Bon Jovi, ”because his character has no time for silly things like hair.” But please, guys, no copycat tails. ”It’s so not fashionable it’s not even funny,” sniffs Weiss. Don’t let Furio from ”The Sopranos” hear that.
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Fox casts'True Blood' star Rob Kazinsky as Frankenstein monster
- Urban Cone teams up with Tove Lo for 'Come Back to Me' -- exclusive
- Suge Knight hospitalized: 'can't really see'
- Kelly Clarkson to tour with Pentatonix
- SXSW: Director Craig William Macneill talks about making a maniac in horror-thriller 'The Boy'
- Terrence Howard explains his 'Whaa?' moment at the Oscars
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt in Oliver Stone's 'Snowden': First Look