Steven Seagal alert! To play gruff Capt. Jack Aubrey in the 19th-century seafaring epic ”Master and Commander,” Russell Crowe pulled his tresses into an era-appropriate ponytail. And style mavens aren’t exactly on board with the ‘do. ”It totally works for the movie,” concedes Danna Weiss, who’s styled such dapper males as D’Angelo and Jon Bon Jovi, ”because his character has no time for silly things like hair.” But please, guys, no copycat tails. ”It’s so not fashionable it’s not even funny,” sniffs Weiss. Don’t let Furio from ”The Sopranos” hear that.
Posted December 5 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages
- Jesse Eisenberg says Lex Luthor in 'Batman v Superman' is a modern take
- Funko shares sneak peek at 'Suicide Squad' figures at Toy Fair 2016
- Jennifer Lawrence donates $2 million to Kentucky children's hospital
- Adam McKay recounts how Johnny Depp agreed to play Trump
- See Adele photobomb fans in 'Live in London' concert special
- Ben Stiller on the death of his mother, Anne Meara: 'It affects me constantly'