The Offspring seem like two different bands: One’s a passel of punk rockers specializing in gallop-tempo anthems; the other’s a bunch of wiseasses who traffic in clever novelty-rock tunes. In the second incarnation, they’re pretty fly, but when they play it straight they sound too much like, well, white guys. Splinter, album No. 7 from these Left Coasters, features a few snarky belly busters, like ”The Worst Hangover Ever” and ”When You’re in Prison,” and rather too much of the straight-ahead stuff. Sure, the Offspring pack a lot of punch, but you sorta find yourself wishing they’d give birth to a pure comedy CD just once.
SplinterThe Offspring seem like two different bands: One's a passel of punk rockers specializing in gallop-tempo anthems; the other's a bunch of wiseasses who...SplinterRockThe Offspring seem like two different bands: One's a passel of punk rockers specializing in gallop-tempo anthems; the other's a bunch of wiseasses who...2003-12-12
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Sony Music
Posted December 12 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama and Vice head to prison in 'Fixing the System' trailer
- Chris Messina in talks to play Ben Affleck's best friend in 'Live By Night'
- 'Minions' clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!