The Offspring seem like two different bands: One’s a passel of punk rockers specializing in gallop-tempo anthems; the other’s a bunch of wiseasses who traffic in clever novelty-rock tunes. In the second incarnation, they’re pretty fly, but when they play it straight they sound too much like, well, white guys. Splinter, album No. 7 from these Left Coasters, features a few snarky belly busters, like ”The Worst Hangover Ever” and ”When You’re in Prison,” and rather too much of the straight-ahead stuff. Sure, the Offspring pack a lot of punch, but you sorta find yourself wishing they’d give birth to a pure comedy CD just once.
SplinterThe Offspring seem like two different bands: One's a passel of punk rockers specializing in gallop-tempo anthems; the other's a bunch of wiseasses who...SplinterRockThe Offspring seem like two different bands: One's a passel of punk rockers specializing in gallop-tempo anthems; the other's a bunch of wiseasses who...2003-12-12
Genre: Rock; Producer (group): Sony Music
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Survivor' exclusive sneak peek: Watch the 'Worlds Apart' merge
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!