Seabiscuit tells the true story of how a puny, ungainly horse became a racing champ and an American obsession of the 1930s. Writer-director Gary Ross stuck closely to the narrative of Laura Hillenbrand’s best-seller, and aided by an exquisitely bred cast – Maguire as half-blind jockey Red Pollard and Cooper as taciturn trainer Tom Smith are neck-and-neck with great performances – he delivered a crowd-pleasing drama that is in every way what the legendary steed was not: big, beautiful, and molasses-paced. EXTRAS Include a making-of feature (how many horses played Seabiscuit?), original newsreel footage, cast and crew interviews, and commentary by Ross and Academy thoroughbred Steven Soderbergh.
Genre: Sports, Drama; Starring: Jeff Bridges, Chris Cooper, Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Banks, William H. Macy; Director: Gary Ross (Director); Author: Gary Ross (Writer); Release Date Wide: 07/25/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 141; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Universal
Posted December 16 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Check out the thrilling 'Arrow' season 4 trailer
- Mr. Bean's 25th anniversary marked outside Buckingham Palace
- Joan Rivers remembered by daughter Melissa in touching tribute
- 'Big Brother': James explains why he trashed the house during the veto competition
- Michelle Obama wished Beyoncé a happy birthday on Twitter
- Jason Biggs' son picked book perfect for his 'American Pie' past
- 'Big Brother': Meg on her biggest mistake and that drunken night with Clay
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!