Now that Average Joe bachelorette Melana Scantlin has chosen sexy waiter Jason Peoples over sweet (if average-looking) stock trader Adam Mesh, will the crowd-pleasing runner-up pull a Bob and star in a reverse spin-off? Mesh says he’s gotten no offers – and isn’t sure he wants any. ”Everybody loved Bob on The Bachelorette, but once he became the Bachelor, he completely blew the reputation he’d built up,” says the 28-year-old New Yorker of his kiss-happy counterpart. ”I wouldn’t do something just to be on TV, especially not for free.” Instead, Mesh is finishing a novel – and dating a woman he met pre-Melana. But he has one modest proposal for furthering his TV career: ”I’d like to get the Friends spin-off. I could be Average Joey.”
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- See Ryan Reynolds give Conan O’Brien a massage as Deadpool (with panda tears)
- Kevin Bacon campaigns for more male nudity in Hollywood in mock PSA
- See the red band trailer for Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool'
- 'Playing House' season 2 premiere react: Did you find the BFFs' return 'totes kewl'?
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall on that 'uncomfortable' Twitter save
- Casting Net: Will Smith replaces Hugh Jackman in 'Collateral Beauty'
- 9 spoilers on 'Grey’s Anatomy,' 'Scandal,' 'Murder'