Now that Average Joe bachelorette Melana Scantlin has chosen sexy waiter Jason Peoples over sweet (if average-looking) stock trader Adam Mesh, will the crowd-pleasing runner-up pull a Bob and star in a reverse spin-off? Mesh says he’s gotten no offers – and isn’t sure he wants any. ”Everybody loved Bob on The Bachelorette, but once he became the Bachelor, he completely blew the reputation he’d built up,” says the 28-year-old New Yorker of his kiss-happy counterpart. ”I wouldn’t do something just to be on TV, especially not for free.” Instead, Mesh is finishing a novel – and dating a woman he met pre-Melana. But he has one modest proposal for furthering his TV career: ”I’d like to get the Friends spin-off. I could be Average Joey.”
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bob Saget joins 'Fuller House,' says John Stamos in a tweet
- 'Wayward Pines' boss Chad Hodge talks episode 3: The Terrence Howard hymnal you didn't hear
- National Spelling Bee announces two champions
- '19 Kids & Counting' nix: Hulu exec says...
- Mariah Carey: 'Idol' was 'worst experience of my life'
- Kristen Bell live tweets her mistaken UberPool ride
- Casting Net: B.J. Novak joins Michael Keaton's 'The Founder,' Will Forte boards Key & Peele comedy