At one point, Judd Winick might’ve been best known as ”that guy from ”The Real World” (season 3),” but over the past few years he’s become a damn fine comics scribe. An engrossing departure from his usual mix of topicality and smart-ass comedy, ”Caper” is a span-the-century crime saga comprising interlocking tales. The first, set in turn-of-the-century San Francisco (efficiently evoked by artist Farel Dalrymple), tells of two soul-scarred Jewish brothers who become vicious Mob hitmen. Winick’s humor, as usual, is winning. The leap he makes here is in depth of characterization. With ”Caper,” Winick proves he can do smart without the ass.
Caper At one point, Judd Winick might've been best known as ''that guy from ''The Real World'' (season 3),'' but over the past few years he's become a damn...CaperJudd Winick At one point, Judd Winick might've been best known as ''that guy from ''The Real World'' (season 3),'' but over the past few years he's become a damn...2003-12-19
Author: Judd Winick
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More