At one point, Judd Winick might’ve been best known as ”that guy from ”The Real World” (season 3),” but over the past few years he’s become a damn fine comics scribe. An engrossing departure from his usual mix of topicality and smart-ass comedy, ”Caper” is a span-the-century crime saga comprising interlocking tales. The first, set in turn-of-the-century San Francisco (efficiently evoked by artist Farel Dalrymple), tells of two soul-scarred Jewish brothers who become vicious Mob hitmen. Winick’s humor, as usual, is winning. The leap he makes here is in depth of characterization. With ”Caper,” Winick proves he can do smart without the ass.
Caper At one point, Judd Winick might've been best known as ''that guy from ''The Real World'' (season 3),'' but over the past few years he's become a damn...CaperJudd Winick At one point, Judd Winick might've been best known as ''that guy from ''The Real World'' (season 3),'' but over the past few years he's become a damn...2003-12-19
Author: Judd Winick
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Gallant drops a rain-streaked video for his next-level slow jam 'Open Up': Exclusive
- 'Walking Dead': Gale Anne Hurd on season finale
- Pusha T, Tinie Tempah, and Beorn from 'The Hobbit' star in the video for iSHi's 'Push It' remix: Exclusive
- Exclusive: Kat Dahlia finds a sweetheart in "I Think I'm In Love" video
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!