Perry’s latest suspense novel stars 19th-century socialite Lady Vespasia Cumming-Gould, a veteran of the author’s popular Thomas Pitt series. While our noble, beautiful heroine parties with friends in the Berkshire countryside, her children are ”well cared for” back in London. The merriment ceases when Vespasia’s green-eyed pal Lady Isobel insults a kind widow, who promptly kills herself. All blame Isobel’s nasty remark, but Vespasia stands by the accused and accompanies her on a journey to the Highlands of Scotland to find the mother of the deceased. The scenery is enveloping, but the suicide mystery is a stretch. By the time everyone begins making generic Christmas Eve speeches extolling the virtues of courage, you’ll be yawning.
A Christmas Journey Perry's latest suspense novel stars 19th-century socialite Lady Vespasia Cumming-Gould, a veteran of the author's popular Thomas Pitt series. While...A Christmas JourneyMystery and ThrillerAnne Perry Perry's latest suspense novel stars 19th-century socialite Lady Vespasia Cumming-Gould, a veteran of the author's popular Thomas Pitt series. While...2003-12-19
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Anne Perry
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Snoop Dogg calls for 'Roots' boycott in Instagram video
- Follow these stars while watching 'The Bachelorette'
- 'General Hospital': Kirsten Storms confirms break due to 'skin issues'
- Demi Lovato mourns great-grandmother's death in emotional tribute
- Adele calls out fan for filming her concert
- Drake holds steady for fourth week at No. 1 on Billboard 200
- 'Person of Interest' exclusive: Finch and Reese face old foe
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers