A plea to the Academy: Throw family comedies a golden bone and give Jamie Lee Curtis an Oscar nod! In Freaky Friday, a deliciously witty update of the borderline-cheesy 1976 Jodie Foster original, Curtis nails, to freakish perfection, the role of Dr. Tess Coleman, a quick-witted psychologist who inadvertently pulls a magical body switcheroo with her rebellious teenage daughter, Anna (an equally mesmerizing Lindsay Lohan). To paraphrase the flick’s resident heartthrob (Chad Michael Murray), Jamie Lee rocks! EXTRAS Include two alternate endings, music videos from Lillix and the Halo Friendlies, and a behind-the-scenes doc hosted by Lohan. Add a blooper reel, and this jam-packed DVD will keep you occupied way past Friday.
(Freaky Friday: Ron Batzdorff)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Michael Murray; Director: Mark Waters; Author: Leslie Dixon, Heather Hach; Release Date Wide: 08/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- 'Jack Reacher 2' starring Tom Cruise gets a release date
- Stan Lee says 'Fantastic Four' flopped because he didn’t have a cameo
- Dean Jones, The Love Bug and That Darn Cat actor, dies at 84
- 'Wildest Dreams' director responds to allegations of colonialism in Taylor Swift video
- How the new Oscar producers plan to change the show (and make it shorter)
- 'Batmetal Returns' to cover Dethklok, and destroy some of your favorite cartoon characters
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!