A plea to the Academy: Throw family comedies a golden bone and give Jamie Lee Curtis an Oscar nod! In Freaky Friday, a deliciously witty update of the borderline-cheesy 1976 Jodie Foster original, Curtis nails, to freakish perfection, the role of Dr. Tess Coleman, a quick-witted psychologist who inadvertently pulls a magical body switcheroo with her rebellious teenage daughter, Anna (an equally mesmerizing Lindsay Lohan). To paraphrase the flick’s resident heartthrob (Chad Michael Murray), Jamie Lee rocks! EXTRAS Include two alternate endings, music videos from Lillix and the Halo Friendlies, and a behind-the-scenes doc hosted by Lohan. Add a blooper reel, and this jam-packed DVD will keep you occupied way past Friday.
(Freaky Friday: Ron Batzdorff)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Michael Murray; Director: Mark Waters; Author: Leslie Dixon, Heather Hach; Release Date Wide: 08/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Sharon Osbourne takes 'Talk' break
- Chris Pratt offers pre-apology for any offensive remarks he says during press tour
- An intense new trailer for 'Black Mass' has arrived
- John Stamos on Olsens' 'Fuller House' nix
- This was Chris Pratt's craziest day on the set of 'Jurassic World'
- Why Michael Fassbender loves taking risks
- 'Mr. Holmes': Doyle estate sues
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Marion Cotillard, Jason Derulo, Serena Williams and More!