A plea to the Academy: Throw family comedies a golden bone and give Jamie Lee Curtis an Oscar nod! In Freaky Friday, a deliciously witty update of the borderline-cheesy 1976 Jodie Foster original, Curtis nails, to freakish perfection, the role of Dr. Tess Coleman, a quick-witted psychologist who inadvertently pulls a magical body switcheroo with her rebellious teenage daughter, Anna (an equally mesmerizing Lindsay Lohan). To paraphrase the flick’s resident heartthrob (Chad Michael Murray), Jamie Lee rocks! EXTRAS Include two alternate endings, music videos from Lillix and the Halo Friendlies, and a behind-the-scenes doc hosted by Lohan. Add a blooper reel, and this jam-packed DVD will keep you occupied way past Friday.
(Freaky Friday: Ron Batzdorff)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Michael Murray; Director: Mark Waters; Author: Leslie Dixon, Heather Hach; Release Date Wide: 08/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agent Carter' takes on Tinseltown in season 2 teaser
- Idris Elba 'nearly died' filming 'Beasts of No Nation'
- Zach Galligan wants to return for 'Gremlins 3'
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'