A plea to the Academy: Throw family comedies a golden bone and give Jamie Lee Curtis an Oscar nod! In Freaky Friday, a deliciously witty update of the borderline-cheesy 1976 Jodie Foster original, Curtis nails, to freakish perfection, the role of Dr. Tess Coleman, a quick-witted psychologist who inadvertently pulls a magical body switcheroo with her rebellious teenage daughter, Anna (an equally mesmerizing Lindsay Lohan). To paraphrase the flick’s resident heartthrob (Chad Michael Murray), Jamie Lee rocks! EXTRAS Include two alternate endings, music videos from Lillix and the Halo Friendlies, and a behind-the-scenes doc hosted by Lohan. Add a blooper reel, and this jam-packed DVD will keep you occupied way past Friday.
(Freaky Friday: Ron Batzdorff)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Michael Murray; Director: Mark Waters; Author: Leslie Dixon, Heather Hach; Release Date Wide: 08/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to Led Zeppelin's Lost 'Sunshine Woman' Track
- Ava DuVernay tweets support for Leslie Jones: 'Stay up, sis'
- Here's why Giancarlo Esposito turned down a Marvel TV role
- 'Jason Bourne' 3-D screenings causing nausea and protests in China
- Olympian auctions off medal to pay young boy's medical bills
- Nicole Scherzinger's Britney Spears impression is 'Crazy' good
- Woody Allen on Dylan Farrow accusations: 'I get harassed all the time on it'