A plea to the Academy: Throw family comedies a golden bone and give Jamie Lee Curtis an Oscar nod! In Freaky Friday, a deliciously witty update of the borderline-cheesy 1976 Jodie Foster original, Curtis nails, to freakish perfection, the role of Dr. Tess Coleman, a quick-witted psychologist who inadvertently pulls a magical body switcheroo with her rebellious teenage daughter, Anna (an equally mesmerizing Lindsay Lohan). To paraphrase the flick’s resident heartthrob (Chad Michael Murray), Jamie Lee rocks! EXTRAS Include two alternate endings, music videos from Lillix and the Halo Friendlies, and a behind-the-scenes doc hosted by Lohan. Add a blooper reel, and this jam-packed DVD will keep you occupied way past Friday.
(Freaky Friday: Ron Batzdorff)
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Jamie Lee Curtis, Lindsay Lohan, Mark Harmon, Chad Michael Murray; Director: Mark Waters; Author: Leslie Dixon, Heather Hach; Release Date Wide: 08/06/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 97; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Walt Disney Pictures
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Creed': Watch the first trailer for the 'Rocky' spinoff
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- How do Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy compare?
- Watch out, Frank and Claire: Neve Campbell joins 'House of Cards'
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson in new EW portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!