The tale of how Johannes Vermeer (Colin Firth) created a single painting. As the maid who becomes his muse, Scarlett Johansson gives a nearly silent performance, yet the interplay on her face of fear, curiosity, and sex is intensely dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson, Alakina Mann, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson; Director: Peter Webber; Author: Olivia Hetreed; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2003; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- ABC Family and Fox score top marks for inclusion of LGBT characters
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!