The tale of how Johannes Vermeer (Colin Firth) created a single painting. As the maid who becomes his muse, Scarlett Johansson gives a nearly silent performance, yet the interplay on her face of fear, curiosity, and sex is intensely dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson, Alakina Mann, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson; Director: Peter Webber; Author: Olivia Hetreed; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bruce Willis indie-thriller 'Wake' halts production due to lack of funding
- Skrillex hints a midnight Jack U album release
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on season 1 success, season 2 ideas
- Catwoman comes out as bisexual in comic
- 'How to Get Away with Murder' creator on that killer finale and what's next
- Denis Villeneuve in talks to direct 'Blade Runner' sequel: Report
- 'Vikings': Katheryn Winnick on Lagertha's season 3 plans
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Oscars 2015: EW exclusive rehearsal photos
- Oscars 2015 backstage: EW all-access photo pass
- Taylor, Rita & Orlando, Amanda and More!