The tale of how Johannes Vermeer (Colin Firth) created a single painting. As the maid who becomes his muse, Scarlett Johansson gives a nearly silent performance, yet the interplay on her face of fear, curiosity, and sex is intensely dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson, Alakina Mann, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson; Director: Peter Webber; Author: Olivia Hetreed; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2003; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Grandfathered' star Josh Peck talks possible 'Drake & Josh' reunion
- Quentin Tarantino to release two cuts of 'The Hateful Eight'
- 'Bridget Jones's Baby' release date set for September 2016
- Eddie Murphy explains why he didn't mock Bill Cosby on 'SNL' special
- 'Quantico' scores full season order from ABC
- Steve Wozniak explains what’s real and what’s fake in 'Steve Jobs'
- Todrick Hall releases 'Hocus Pocus' spoof
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6