The tale of how Johannes Vermeer (Colin Firth) created a single painting. As the maid who becomes his muse, Scarlett Johansson gives a nearly silent performance, yet the interplay on her face of fear, curiosity, and sex is intensely dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson, Alakina Mann, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson; Director: Peter Webber; Author: Olivia Hetreed; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2003; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Smash Mouth made an EDM song
- Seth Meyers to Bernie or Bust crowd: 'We don't have time for this'
- Man Booker Prize 2016 longlist revealed
- Michael Fassbender plays Frozen Blackjack with Jimmy Fallon
- Elizabeth Banks leads all-star a cappella 'Fight Song' for Hillary
- Bill Clinton’s DNC speech was a love letter to Hillary Clinton
- Alicia Keys dedicates DNC performance to 'Mothers of the Movement'
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels
- 'Friends': See the Cast's Evolution Over 10 Years