The tale of how Johannes Vermeer (Colin Firth) created a single painting. As the maid who becomes his muse, Scarlett Johansson gives a nearly silent performance, yet the interplay on her face of fear, curiosity, and sex is intensely dramatic.
Genre: Drama, Historical; Starring: Colin Firth, Scarlett Johansson, Alakina Mann, Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson; Director: Peter Webber; Author: Olivia Hetreed; Release Date Limited: 12/12/2003; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 99; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Lions Gate Films
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Shonda Rhimes, Art Garfunkel almost fought during 'Hamilton'
- 'Maze Runner: The Death Cure' pushed to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien recovers
- Justin Bieber, Skrillex respond to 'Sorry' lawsuit
- Tahj Mowry reveals his favorite DCOM for Memorial Day weekend marathon
- Matt LeBlanc previews the new season of 'Top Gear'
- Now's your chance to buy the 'Full House' house
- 'How to Build... Everything' explores great inventions with fun flair
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers