Lena Olin’s Irina may not be returning to Alias anytime soon, but Sydney’s spy family will remain relatively dangerous. EW has learned that Isabella Rossellini will guest-star in a couple of episodes as Katya, a lethal ex – KGB agent who’s been working underground with…her sister, Irina! (In the Jan. 18 episode, Katya is enlisted by Jack to help rescue Syd and Vaughn from a North Korean firing squad.) ”Obviously she’s beautiful, but she’s got this wonderfully mysterious presence,” says series creator J.J. Abrams of the Blue Velvet star. ”She just felt like she would totally fit into the Alias universe.” The 51-year-old Rossellini hopes her ass-kicking and name-taking skills are up to snuff: ”J.J. said, ‘Are you athletic?’ and I said, ‘Well, I don’t know, I do some yoga, some Pilates.’ So I might be in for a big surprise. I am getting a little bit on the side of a little old lady, but I’m sure that J.J.’s going to make me look like Uma Thurman in Kill Bill, so why not, no?”
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Preview the prologue in 'Tyson Hesse's Diesel: Ignition'
- 'Pitch' star Kylie Bunbury on Ginny's next move
- 'Please Like Me' finds U.S. home
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's amazing 2016, in GIFs
- Tomi Lahren responds to backlash over 'friendship' with Trevor Noah, Charlamagne
- Adele, Channing Tatum make YouTube's top trending videos of 2016
- 'GoT' vs. 'TWD': Which show has the higher kill count?
- This Is What the 2001 'Ocean's Eleven' Premiere Looked Like
- 17 Star-Studded Celebrity Cookbooks
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot