Who’s spent a summer in northern Minnesota? It’s positively gorgeous up there in canoe country, what with the lake breezes and silver waterfalls and singing loons and acres of dewy green. Brandenburg’s latest photo collection offers definitive proof of the season’s charms. Using a fancy digital camera and the conceit of taking one great picture a day all summer long, he captures a time and place in its most extraordinary raiment, exactly as he did in Chased by the Light, his 1998 book about a Minnesota autumn.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!