Who’s spent a summer in northern Minnesota? It’s positively gorgeous up there in canoe country, what with the lake breezes and silver waterfalls and singing loons and acres of dewy green. Brandenburg’s latest photo collection offers definitive proof of the season’s charms. Using a fancy digital camera and the conceit of taking one great picture a day all summer long, he captures a time and place in its most extraordinary raiment, exactly as he did in Chased by the Light, his 1998 book about a Minnesota autumn.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Helen Mirren poses with three wax figures of herself at Madame Tussauds
- I found out 'Silk Stalkings' was on Hulu and now I can't stop watching
- Cate Blanchett and Robert Redford's 'Truth' gets October release date
- Salma Hayek on Donald Trump: 'I cannot be insulted by stupidity'
- Learn the story behind National Lampoon in 'Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead' trailer
- 'This Is Me': Watch the Emmy-nominated docuseries right here
- Alicia Keys returns with '28 Thousand Days'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!