After decapitating a fellow with a length of wire, James Earl Cash departs with a bloody eight-pound trophy hanging from his belt. It’s one of many creepy moments in this nightmarish title, which begins with you (as Cash) strapped to a gurney and about to receive a lethal injection. Only you awaken to find yourself in a different kind of hell: as the star of an urban snuff film. The grim proceedings take place in a metropolis populated by homicidal thugs, skinheads, and deranged yokels – all of whom you must dispatch to escape this game of death (assisted by the unseen director, icily voiced by Brian Cox). Manhunt is yet another engrossing thrill ride from Rockstar North, the twisted geniuses behind the Grand Theft Auto series. They make undeniably great games, but we wouldn’t want them over for tea.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- New 'American Horror Story' season 6 teasers will make your skin crawl
- DNC: Chelsea Clinton references 'A Wrinkle in Time,' 'Police Academy'
- Hillary Clinton quotes 'Hamilton,' slams Trump in rousing DNC speech
- Twitter reacts to Morgan Freeman-narrated Hillary Clinton doc
- 'The Voice': Bette Midler serving as mentor for Team Blake
- Shonda Rhimes on Hillary Clinton DNC film: 'I didn't have to add a plot twist!'
- Katy Perry performs 'Rise,' 'Roar' at DNC for Hillary Clinton