After decapitating a fellow with a length of wire, James Earl Cash departs with a bloody eight-pound trophy hanging from his belt. It’s one of many creepy moments in this nightmarish title, which begins with you (as Cash) strapped to a gurney and about to receive a lethal injection. Only you awaken to find yourself in a different kind of hell: as the star of an urban snuff film. The grim proceedings take place in a metropolis populated by homicidal thugs, skinheads, and deranged yokels – all of whom you must dispatch to escape this game of death (assisted by the unseen director, icily voiced by Brian Cox). Manhunt is yet another engrossing thrill ride from Rockstar North, the twisted geniuses behind the Grand Theft Auto series. They make undeniably great games, but we wouldn’t want them over for tea.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Vikings' shocker: Creator Michael Hirst talks the death of [spoiler]
- 'Vikings' kills again: A talk with the departing actor
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- Obama talks 'The Wire' with David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers Meron, Zadan moving on
- Craig T. Nelson back as Hayden Fox in NBC 'Coach' revival
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- Russell Crowe, Elisabeth Moss, Ben Affleck & More!