After decapitating a fellow with a length of wire, James Earl Cash departs with a bloody eight-pound trophy hanging from his belt. It’s one of many creepy moments in this nightmarish title, which begins with you (as Cash) strapped to a gurney and about to receive a lethal injection. Only you awaken to find yourself in a different kind of hell: as the star of an urban snuff film. The grim proceedings take place in a metropolis populated by homicidal thugs, skinheads, and deranged yokels – all of whom you must dispatch to escape this game of death (assisted by the unseen director, icily voiced by Brian Cox). Manhunt is yet another engrossing thrill ride from Rockstar North, the twisted geniuses behind the Grand Theft Auto series. They make undeniably great games, but we wouldn’t want them over for tea.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Walking Dead' star Steven Yeun marries Joana Pak
- Donald Trump makes cinema great again on hilarious Instagram account
- 'Transformers' teases new trailer in behind-the-scenes clip
- Vanessa Bayer shares backstage photos of Jennifer Aniston on 'SNL'
- Box office: 'Moana' tops for second week, Disney sets industry record
- Marvel's 'Luke Cage' renewed for season 2
- Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards: See the list of winners
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big