Here’s Jackie Robinson during the filming of 1950’s The Jackie Robinson Story, petting a black cat. Over here’s John Wayne, looking like a woman (purse, slippers, short shorts, and all) on the set of 1967’s War Wagon. Check out poor Bogart in his final years, sitting on a swing with his kid daughter and looking so, so sad. And here’s Frank Sinatra, well, everywhere – Stern shot the legend for 50 years. At 84, Stern mostly stays out of the celeb photography racket these days, and looking at these classic pics from Hollywood’s heyday – Brando, Monroe, and James Dean were other fave subjects – you can’t blame him. Movie stars got smaller.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: George Lopez has 'white-man problems' in 'Lopez'
- Lena Dunham opens up about endometriosis in Facebook post
- #OscarsSoWhite: Sylvester Stallone was ready to boycott Academy Awards
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: Cuba Gooding Jr. on 'ACS'
- Maroon 5 respond to Taraji P. Henson confusing them with Coldplay
- Rick Rubin is producing a 'Star Wars'-inspired album
- Zayn Malik's 'Pillowtalk' debuts at No. 1