Here’s Jackie Robinson during the filming of 1950’s The Jackie Robinson Story, petting a black cat. Over here’s John Wayne, looking like a woman (purse, slippers, short shorts, and all) on the set of 1967’s War Wagon. Check out poor Bogart in his final years, sitting on a swing with his kid daughter and looking so, so sad. And here’s Frank Sinatra, well, everywhere – Stern shot the legend for 50 years. At 84, Stern mostly stays out of the celeb photography racket these days, and looking at these classic pics from Hollywood’s heyday – Brando, Monroe, and James Dean were other fave subjects – you can’t blame him. Movie stars got smaller.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Listen to David Tennant explain Einstein's theory of general relativity
- See the fiery opening title sequence for 'The Shannara Chronicles'
- Daniel Radcliffe is jealous of Eddie Redmayne's 'Fantastic Beasts' costume
- Ron Howard set to direct thriller 'The Girl Before'
- Ice-T and Coco welcome daughter Chanel Nicole
- John Stamos shares high school prom throwback photo
- Chris Miller shares an update on 'The Lego Movie' sequel