Here’s Jackie Robinson during the filming of 1950’s The Jackie Robinson Story, petting a black cat. Over here’s John Wayne, looking like a woman (purse, slippers, short shorts, and all) on the set of 1967’s War Wagon. Check out poor Bogart in his final years, sitting on a swing with his kid daughter and looking so, so sad. And here’s Frank Sinatra, well, everywhere – Stern shot the legend for 50 years. At 84, Stern mostly stays out of the celeb photography racket these days, and looking at these classic pics from Hollywood’s heyday – Brando, Monroe, and James Dean were other fave subjects – you can’t blame him. Movie stars got smaller.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Barack Obama slams Donald Trump at DNC: 'We don’t look to be ruled'
- 'Con Man': Alan Tudyk and Nathan Fillion want a ‘Spectrum’ movie
- See President Obama's DNC intro video, narrated by Bryan Cranston
- Michael Keaton on 'Beetlejuice' sequel: 'It's possible that ship has sailed'
- 'Another Period' guest blog: Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on latest episode
- 'Barely Famous': Sara, Erin Foster on celebrity stalkers, TV industry
- Lenny Kravitz asks to 'Let Love Rule' for DNC performance
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels