Here’s Jackie Robinson during the filming of 1950’s The Jackie Robinson Story, petting a black cat. Over here’s John Wayne, looking like a woman (purse, slippers, short shorts, and all) on the set of 1967’s War Wagon. Check out poor Bogart in his final years, sitting on a swing with his kid daughter and looking so, so sad. And here’s Frank Sinatra, well, everywhere – Stern shot the legend for 50 years. At 84, Stern mostly stays out of the celeb photography racket these days, and looking at these classic pics from Hollywood’s heyday – Brando, Monroe, and James Dean were other fave subjects – you can’t blame him. Movie stars got smaller.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Ash vs Evil Dead': Sam Raimi on why he likes to torment Bruce Campbell
- Liam Hemsworth wears war paint as Gale in exclusive 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay -- Part 2' poster
- Ed Sullivan Theater gets temporary marquee in preparation for Stephen Colbert
- Alan Taylor says there are answers to 'Terminator Genisys' questions -- they're just not in the movie
- Miguel disses Frank Ocean... again
- Jack White's Dead Weather returns with new album
- Henry Cavill: ‘Batman v Superman' an 'expansion' of 'Man of Steel' world
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!