Here’s Jackie Robinson during the filming of 1950’s The Jackie Robinson Story, petting a black cat. Over here’s John Wayne, looking like a woman (purse, slippers, short shorts, and all) on the set of 1967’s War Wagon. Check out poor Bogart in his final years, sitting on a swing with his kid daughter and looking so, so sad. And here’s Frank Sinatra, well, everywhere – Stern shot the legend for 50 years. At 84, Stern mostly stays out of the celeb photography racket these days, and looking at these classic pics from Hollywood’s heyday – Brando, Monroe, and James Dean were other fave subjects – you can’t blame him. Movie stars got smaller.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Tom Brokaw will open up about cancer fight on 'Dateline' special
- 'New Girl' season finale react: A modest proposal
- 'New Girl' boss on that season finale shocker--and what's next
- 'Law & Order: SVU' welcomes back familiar faces; get the scoop, watch a sneak peek
- 'Arrow,' 'Flash' producer Greg Berlanti to helm 'Infinite Horizon' comic adaptation
- 'The D Train' co-directors share secrets on THAT Jack Black, James Marsden scene
- Joni Mitchell's friend appointed her temporary conservator
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!