A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: Travis Wall talks controversial elimination
- 'Doctor Who' is headed to theaters in September
- Aziz Ansari's Netflix comedy snags Claire Danes and more
- Harris Wittels' cause of death confirmed to be accidental overdose
- Brittany Snow to return for Pitch Perfect 3
- 'SYTYCD' mentor blog: tWitch talks routines that got him 'excited about dance'
- Cara Delevingne takes on morning talk show hosts in awkward interview
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- #50Scoops50Days: Keep up with the latest in fall TV news
- Ashley Madison profiles for TV's most famous adulterers
- The Hemsworths, Eva Longoria, Tom Cruise & More!