A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: Werner Herzog got special permits to shoot volcano doc in North Korea
- Star Trek TV series losing Bryan Fuller as showrunner
- Donald Glover comments on 'Star Wars' role for first time
- 'Pretty Little Liars' tell-all special to follow series finale
- Paralympian wins Halloween with 'Beauty and the Beast' Lumiere costume
- Taylor Swift, Abba, 'Star Wars' music get bizarre recorder remixes
- 'Westworld': Who is secretly a robot?
- The 16 Best Halloween Movies to Stream Right Now
- Hillary Clinton Through The Years
- 'Hamilton' Stars Go Old-School for Vintage Portraits
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers