A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!