A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Keke Palmer: 'Scream Queens' will be just 'as brutal' as 'American Horror Story'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- Dave Grohl's game of throne in D.C.
- Kit Harington: Buzz about his long hair
- Missy Elliott takes show into the crowd at Essence Fest
- 'Jurassic World' stomps 'Terminator Genisys,' 'Magic Mike XXL' at holiday box office
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Garcelle Beauvais, Kylie Jenner, Serena Williams & More!