A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...