A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- What to Watch Monday: 'NCIS: LA' heads to San Francisco
- The Rock spends the day with a cancer patient on 'Baywatch' set
- 'Scream': No one can be trusted in season 2 trailer
- Garry Marshall shares details on 'peppy' 'Pretty Woman' musical
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington's secret season 6 code name revealed
- All of Beyoncé's 'Lemonade' tracks hit the Hot 100
- Ilana Glazer, Kate McKinnon, Jillian Bell set for 'Rock That Body'
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour