A year after the Two Towers film and videogame became huge hits, New Line Cinema and EA have reunited. Now bigger and deeper, ROTK has six playable characters, including Gandalf and Aragorn. While the gameplay is mostly hacking and slashing, there is also some nifty interactivity allowing players to launch catapults or spill cauldrons of fire. But beware: Certain levels can be difficult. Fans will find much to enjoy, but don’t blame us if you’re as haggard as Gollum by the time you actually finish the game.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!