This year, you could promise the family a cross-country road trip. But Rajs’ assemblage of panoramic American vistas might be the next best thing to actually hitting the highways and seeing the fruited plains and amber waves. Pressed onto pages as big as the windshield on a Harley and introduced by Walter Cronkite, the strikingly reproduced photos glorify mountain towns and city skylines, apple trees and cranberry bogs, White Sands and the Badlands, state fairs and Amish farms, sunflowers and rainbows. Yakov Smirnoff was right: what a country!
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Ubisoft confirms no major 'Assassin's Creed' release for 2016
- Shawn Ashmore is hunted down in 'Quantum Break' trailer
- Mayhem is on the menu in new trailer for 'The Invitation'
- Ryan Reynolds had Deadpool's charisma, cheek, and... tongue, says creator
- 'Bates Motel' First Look: Norma and Norman wear matching robes
- Justin Bieber details party boy years: ‘I suck by myself'
- 'Friends' reunion: NBC's official photos unveiled