This year, you could promise the family a cross-country road trip. But Rajs’ assemblage of panoramic American vistas might be the next best thing to actually hitting the highways and seeing the fruited plains and amber waves. Pressed onto pages as big as the windshield on a Harley and introduced by Walter Cronkite, the strikingly reproduced photos glorify mountain towns and city skylines, apple trees and cranberry bogs, White Sands and the Badlands, state fairs and Amish farms, sunflowers and rainbows. Yakov Smirnoff was right: what a country!
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen to write, direct, produce, and star in Freddie Mercury biopic
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- 'Daily Show': Trevor Noah's name floats as possible host; get a quick intro to his work
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Kate Mara, Sienna Miller & More!