This year, you could promise the family a cross-country road trip. But Rajs’ assemblage of panoramic American vistas might be the next best thing to actually hitting the highways and seeing the fruited plains and amber waves. Pressed onto pages as big as the windshield on a Harley and introduced by Walter Cronkite, the strikingly reproduced photos glorify mountain towns and city skylines, apple trees and cranberry bogs, White Sands and the Badlands, state fairs and Amish farms, sunflowers and rainbows. Yakov Smirnoff was right: what a country!
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt