This year, you could promise the family a cross-country road trip. But Rajs’ assemblage of panoramic American vistas might be the next best thing to actually hitting the highways and seeing the fruited plains and amber waves. Pressed onto pages as big as the windshield on a Harley and introduced by Walter Cronkite, the strikingly reproduced photos glorify mountain towns and city skylines, apple trees and cranberry bogs, White Sands and the Badlands, state fairs and Amish farms, sunflowers and rainbows. Yakov Smirnoff was right: what a country!
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': The director's identity revealed?
- 'This Is Us' creator Dan Fogelman on that gut-punch ending
- 'Scream Queens': John Stamos on that 'pretty awkward' shower scene
- 'This Is Us': Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia on episode 2's twist
- Sia uses her song 'The Greatest' to endorse Hillary Clinton
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday