Nothing like discovering your directorial debut might have been funded by funny money. But dem’s the (alleged) breaks for Alec Baldwin, whose unreleased The Devil and Daniel Webster may never see the light of day. Baldwin, who also stars as a writer at odds with Jennifer Love Hewitt’s Satan, removed his director’s credit after production wrapped in 2001. Though a finished cut exists, Devil has yet to find a domestic distributor. An ongoing FBI bank-fraud investigation into investor Jed Baron (whose lawyer had no comment) isn’t likely to change this. ”It’s not the film that Alec and I envisioned,” says Baldwin’s producing partner, Jon Cornick. ”It was terribly frustrating – we spent a lot of time and effort shooting the movie. But we’ve moved on.” In other words, to hell with this Devil.
Posted December 19 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stephen Colbert meets Mitt Romney in new 'Late Show' promo
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' animated series delves into Star-Lord's origins
- Listen to this gorgeous harp cover of Taylor Swift’s ‘Style’
- See Michael B. Jordan and Kate Mara handle awkward 'Fantastic Four' interview
- Lady Gaga gave Tony Bennett an enormous cake for his 89th birthday
- See Olivia Munn show off some serious Psylocke fighting skills
- Patrick Stewart really, really wants to join Taylor Swift’s squad
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!