Martin Lawrence and Will Smith resume their 1995 rat-a-tat banter as partners on an elite Miami police task force, this time trailing a Cuban overlord smuggling Ecstasy Stateside. While it’s easy to nitpick about the needless destruction, flimsy plot, and gratuitous T&A in Bad Boys II, who are we kidding? It’s a Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer wham-bang rendition of guys with guns gone wild, and boy, do they deliver. EXTRAS There are production diaries and a featurette that breaks down the action sequences, including a funny bit on the care taken to preserve a $300,000 Ferrari during the causeway pileup, only to have Lawrence ding the door on a pole afterward.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Will Smith, Joe Pantoliano, Theresa Randle, Gabrielle Union; Director: Michael Bay; Author: John Lee Hancock, Ron Shelton, Jerry Stahl; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Producer (group): Jerry Bruckheimer Films; Release Date Wide: 07/18/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 144; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation