Martin Lawrence and Will Smith resume their 1995 rat-a-tat banter as partners on an elite Miami police task force, this time trailing a Cuban overlord smuggling Ecstasy Stateside. While it’s easy to nitpick about the needless destruction, flimsy plot, and gratuitous T&A in Bad Boys II, who are we kidding? It’s a Michael Bay/Jerry Bruckheimer wham-bang rendition of guys with guns gone wild, and boy, do they deliver. EXTRAS There are production diaries and a featurette that breaks down the action sequences, including a funny bit on the care taken to preserve a $300,000 Ferrari during the causeway pileup, only to have Lawrence ding the door on a pole afterward.
Genre: Action/Adventure, Comedy; Starring: Martin Lawrence, Will Smith, Joe Pantoliano, Theresa Randle, Gabrielle Union; Director: Michael Bay; Author: John Lee Hancock, Ron Shelton, Jerry Stahl; Producer (person): Jerry Bruckheimer; Producer (group): Jerry Bruckheimer Films; Release Date Wide: 07/18/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 144; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Columbia Pictures
Posted December 23 2003 — 12:00 AM EST
- WATCH: A nun returns to her goth roots in 'Little Sister' trailer
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Will Ryan Lochte get your vote on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'
- 'The Flash' debuts first look at Flashpoint