If you think the title’s batty, try this for a chapter opener: ”The squad was somewhat perturbed. One might even say they were quite blaxitomed!” Is the 77-year-old McBain losing his mind? As his wiseacre and battle-scarred omniscient narrator might say: Don’t bet your fried corn husk on it, Gertie. The 53rd entry in the 87th Precinct series is top-dollar McBain, as funny and adroit as his last couple, but old-school edgier. What a joy to watch these same characters at work after 47 years, this time investigating the harbor-yacht kidnapping of a Beyonce-like pop star. Imagine your favorite Law & Order cast solving fresh mysteries into infinity, with no reruns, and you have some sense of McBain’s grand, ongoing accomplishment.
The Frumious Bandersnatch If you think the title's batty, try this for a chapter opener: ''The squad was somewhat perturbed. One might even say they were quite blaxitomed!'' Is...The Frumious BandersnatchMystery and ThrillerEd McBain If you think the title's batty, try this for a chapter opener: ''The squad was somewhat perturbed. One might even say they were quite blaxitomed!'' Is...2004-01-09
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Ed McBain
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- President Obama roasts Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch