If you think the title’s batty, try this for a chapter opener: ”The squad was somewhat perturbed. One might even say they were quite blaxitomed!” Is the 77-year-old McBain losing his mind? As his wiseacre and battle-scarred omniscient narrator might say: Don’t bet your fried corn husk on it, Gertie. The 53rd entry in the 87th Precinct series is top-dollar McBain, as funny and adroit as his last couple, but old-school edgier. What a joy to watch these same characters at work after 47 years, this time investigating the harbor-yacht kidnapping of a Beyonce-like pop star. Imagine your favorite Law & Order cast solving fresh mysteries into infinity, with no reruns, and you have some sense of McBain’s grand, ongoing accomplishment.
The Frumious Bandersnatch If you think the title's batty, try this for a chapter opener: ''The squad was somewhat perturbed. One might even say they were quite blaxitomed!'' Is...The Frumious BandersnatchMystery and ThrillerEd McBain If you think the title's batty, try this for a chapter opener: ''The squad was somewhat perturbed. One might even say they were quite blaxitomed!'' Is...2004-01-09
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Ed McBain
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- The first trailer for Season 11 of 'The Bachelorette' is here
- 'Originals' boss breaks down latest shockers, previews a devastating finale
- 'Ant-Man' gets a tiny billboard campaign
- Django Django unveil trippy, magenta-hued video for 'Beginning to Fade'
- 'Agents of SHIELD' spinoff to star Adrianne Palicki, Nick Blood
- AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd pleads guilty
- 'Pan' release pushed to October from July
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet style: We grade the looks
- ACM Awards 2015 red carpet arrivals: What they wore
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- Katy Perry, Tim & Faith, Blake Lively and More!