The class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city’s restaurant business – reasons enough to read the novel – and also offers a vivid portrait of a once-prosperous lawyer at loose ends (busted marriage, fired from plush firm, dirty Brooks Brothers shirts; oh, lord, it’s painful!) who freely admits, ”I scare much more easily than before. I freak more easily. I take threats very seriously.” Threatened, freaked, he gets involved in a shady real estate deal, cuddles with a sexy middle-aged woman (but not the corpse he finds frozen to a bulldozer), and contemplates eating fugu fish. That’s right: potentially poisonous fugu fish. Come on. Are you in the bookstore yet?
The Havana RoomThe class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city's restaurant...The Havana RoomFictionColin HarrisonThe class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city's restaurant...2004-01-09Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Genre: Fiction; Author: Colin Harrison; Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- What we're reading now: Hammer Head by Nina MacLaughlin
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!