The class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city’s restaurant business – reasons enough to read the novel – and also offers a vivid portrait of a once-prosperous lawyer at loose ends (busted marriage, fired from plush firm, dirty Brooks Brothers shirts; oh, lord, it’s painful!) who freely admits, ”I scare much more easily than before. I freak more easily. I take threats very seriously.” Threatened, freaked, he gets involved in a shady real estate deal, cuddles with a sexy middle-aged woman (but not the corpse he finds frozen to a bulldozer), and contemplates eating fugu fish. That’s right: potentially poisonous fugu fish. Come on. Are you in the bookstore yet?
The Havana RoomThe class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city's restaurant...The Havana RoomFictionColin HarrisonThe class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city's restaurant...2004-01-09Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Genre: Fiction; Author: Colin Harrison; Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- How Tituss Burgess nearly missed his '30 Rock' audition
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- Miley Cyrus: Donald Trump 'loved' twerking performance at 2013 VMAs
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!