The class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city’s restaurant business – reasons enough to read the novel – and also offers a vivid portrait of a once-prosperous lawyer at loose ends (busted marriage, fired from plush firm, dirty Brooks Brothers shirts; oh, lord, it’s painful!) who freely admits, ”I scare much more easily than before. I freak more easily. I take threats very seriously.” Threatened, freaked, he gets involved in a shady real estate deal, cuddles with a sexy middle-aged woman (but not the corpse he finds frozen to a bulldozer), and contemplates eating fugu fish. That’s right: potentially poisonous fugu fish. Come on. Are you in the bookstore yet?
The Havana RoomThe class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city's restaurant...The Havana RoomFictionColin HarrisonThe class act of the urban thriller, Colin Harrison in The Havana Room explains the mysteries of Manhattan real estate and the city's restaurant...2004-01-09Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Genre: Fiction; Author: Colin Harrison; Publisher: Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!