”The original thing about this film is that the acting is only one strand of a three-stranded piece,” says British actress Justine Waddell (above, with Michael Weatherly), 27, of Peter Bogdanovich’s The Mystery of Natalie Wood, in which she plays the late screen icon. Airing in March on ABC, the biopic combines original photos, interviews with such peers as West Side Story’s George Chakiris, and reenactments of Wood’s life and, as the title suggests, eerie death by drowning in 1981. Though Waddell nailed the American accent with the help of a dialect coach, singing was another matter. ”I sang, and then they dubbed rather like Natalie,” she laughs, referring to Wood’s West Side vocal stand-in. ”I have my own Marni Nixon.”
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Lupita Nyong'o in talks to star in sci-fi thriller 'Intelligent Life'
- 'Orange Is the New Black' star Taryn Manning is suing New York City over 2014 arrest
- 'Taxi Driver' turns 40: Five ways the movie affected pop culture
- Billy Eichner's trailer was hit by a truck while he was inside
- ZZ Top's Billy Gibbons to star in Discovery pilot 'Rockin' Roadsters'
- 'The Flash' star Danielle Panabaker teases Killer Frost's icy Earth-2 debut
- Jacob Tremblay continues to be charming, poses with Sylvester Stallone