”The original thing about this film is that the acting is only one strand of a three-stranded piece,” says British actress Justine Waddell (above, with Michael Weatherly), 27, of Peter Bogdanovich’s The Mystery of Natalie Wood, in which she plays the late screen icon. Airing in March on ABC, the biopic combines original photos, interviews with such peers as West Side Story’s George Chakiris, and reenactments of Wood’s life and, as the title suggests, eerie death by drowning in 1981. Though Waddell nailed the American accent with the help of a dialect coach, singing was another matter. ”I sang, and then they dubbed rather like Natalie,” she laughs, referring to Wood’s West Side vocal stand-in. ”I have my own Marni Nixon.”
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Kelly Rutherford: Judge blocks kids' return
- Colin Donnell joins 'Chicago Med' cast
- Fans of 'The Goonies' are ringing in the 30th anniversary of the film in a big way
- Action Bronson removed from main stage of NXNE in wake of petition
- Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch: By the numbers
- Lifetime's 'The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe' is hardly revealing
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!