”The original thing about this film is that the acting is only one strand of a three-stranded piece,” says British actress Justine Waddell (above, with Michael Weatherly), 27, of Peter Bogdanovich’s The Mystery of Natalie Wood, in which she plays the late screen icon. Airing in March on ABC, the biopic combines original photos, interviews with such peers as West Side Story’s George Chakiris, and reenactments of Wood’s life and, as the title suggests, eerie death by drowning in 1981. Though Waddell nailed the American accent with the help of a dialect coach, singing was another matter. ”I sang, and then they dubbed rather like Natalie,” she laughs, referring to Wood’s West Side vocal stand-in. ”I have my own Marni Nixon.”
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- Syfy renews 'Dark Matter' and 'Killjoys' for second seasons
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Kendall Jenner, Jamie Dornan, Katie Holmes & More!