”The original thing about this film is that the acting is only one strand of a three-stranded piece,” says British actress Justine Waddell (above, with Michael Weatherly), 27, of Peter Bogdanovich’s The Mystery of Natalie Wood, in which she plays the late screen icon. Airing in March on ABC, the biopic combines original photos, interviews with such peers as West Side Story’s George Chakiris, and reenactments of Wood’s life and, as the title suggests, eerie death by drowning in 1981. Though Waddell nailed the American accent with the help of a dialect coach, singing was another matter. ”I sang, and then they dubbed rather like Natalie,” she laughs, referring to Wood’s West Side vocal stand-in. ”I have my own Marni Nixon.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Angelina Jolie makes first public appearance since her surgery at the Kids Choice Awards
- Kids Choice Awards 2015 winners are...
- 'SNL react: Your quick take on The Rock and George Ezra?
- Hugh Jackman teases final go-round as 'Wolverine' on Instagram
- J.K. Rowling's 'Casual Vacancy' miniseries gets a trailer
- Sacha Baron Cohen as Freddie Mercury
- Justin Moore on touring with Miranda Lambert, new music, and getting to play Madison Square Garden
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- The Clooneys, Sienna Miller, Kate & Kate and More!