”The original thing about this film is that the acting is only one strand of a three-stranded piece,” says British actress Justine Waddell (above, with Michael Weatherly), 27, of Peter Bogdanovich’s The Mystery of Natalie Wood, in which she plays the late screen icon. Airing in March on ABC, the biopic combines original photos, interviews with such peers as West Side Story’s George Chakiris, and reenactments of Wood’s life and, as the title suggests, eerie death by drowning in 1981. Though Waddell nailed the American accent with the help of a dialect coach, singing was another matter. ”I sang, and then they dubbed rather like Natalie,” she laughs, referring to Wood’s West Side vocal stand-in. ”I have my own Marni Nixon.”
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday