A taut little thriller, courtesy of Carl Franklin (”One False Move”). Denzel Washington is Matt Whitlock, an upstanding Florida police chief dallying with a married woman (Sanaa Lathan). When she disappears, along with some drug money he’s ”borrowed” to help her, Whitlock suspects he’s been set up. He races to clear his name before the authorities – headed by Det. Diaz Whitlock (Eva Mendes), who also happens to be his estranged wife – trace the evidence to him. After an auspicious theatrical opening three months ago, Out of Time ran out, and it’s easy to see why. Other than Washington’s steely performance and Dean Cain’s dark turn against type as a wife-beating lout, there’s not much else to distinguish this movie from the scores of other steamy whodunits out there. EXTRAS Audio commentary from Franklin, character profiles, and a featurette help deconstruct the crime scenes.
(Out of Time: Nicola Goode)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Denzel Washington, John Billingsley, Dean Cain, Alex Carter, Nora Dunn, Sanaa Lathan, Eva Mendes; Director: Carl Franklin; Author: David Collard; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!