A taut little thriller, courtesy of Carl Franklin (”One False Move”). Denzel Washington is Matt Whitlock, an upstanding Florida police chief dallying with a married woman (Sanaa Lathan). When she disappears, along with some drug money he’s ”borrowed” to help her, Whitlock suspects he’s been set up. He races to clear his name before the authorities – headed by Det. Diaz Whitlock (Eva Mendes), who also happens to be his estranged wife – trace the evidence to him. After an auspicious theatrical opening three months ago, Out of Time ran out, and it’s easy to see why. Other than Washington’s steely performance and Dean Cain’s dark turn against type as a wife-beating lout, there’s not much else to distinguish this movie from the scores of other steamy whodunits out there. EXTRAS Audio commentary from Franklin, character profiles, and a featurette help deconstruct the crime scenes.
(Out of Time: Nicola Goode)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Denzel Washington, John Billingsley, Dean Cain, Alex Carter, Nora Dunn, Sanaa Lathan, Eva Mendes; Director: Carl Franklin; Author: David Collard; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' cast reveals the players they are surprised got voted in
- Why Kim Dickens almost turned down 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- 5 Seconds of Summer explain how Third Eye Blind influenced their new album
- Quentin Tarantino and Kevin Smith talk about renting porn in new book excerpt
- Conan reads late-night texts from Adam Sandler
- Neil deGrasse Tyson hosts 'The Martian' promo
- 6 new things we know about Janet Jackson's 'Unbreakable'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!