A taut little thriller, courtesy of Carl Franklin (”One False Move”). Denzel Washington is Matt Whitlock, an upstanding Florida police chief dallying with a married woman (Sanaa Lathan). When she disappears, along with some drug money he’s ”borrowed” to help her, Whitlock suspects he’s been set up. He races to clear his name before the authorities – headed by Det. Diaz Whitlock (Eva Mendes), who also happens to be his estranged wife – trace the evidence to him. After an auspicious theatrical opening three months ago, Out of Time ran out, and it’s easy to see why. Other than Washington’s steely performance and Dean Cain’s dark turn against type as a wife-beating lout, there’s not much else to distinguish this movie from the scores of other steamy whodunits out there. EXTRAS Audio commentary from Franklin, character profiles, and a featurette help deconstruct the crime scenes.
(Out of Time: Nicola Goode)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Denzel Washington, John Billingsley, Dean Cain, Alex Carter, Nora Dunn, Sanaa Lathan, Eva Mendes; Director: Carl Franklin; Author: David Collard; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday