A taut little thriller, courtesy of Carl Franklin (”One False Move”). Denzel Washington is Matt Whitlock, an upstanding Florida police chief dallying with a married woman (Sanaa Lathan). When she disappears, along with some drug money he’s ”borrowed” to help her, Whitlock suspects he’s been set up. He races to clear his name before the authorities – headed by Det. Diaz Whitlock (Eva Mendes), who also happens to be his estranged wife – trace the evidence to him. After an auspicious theatrical opening three months ago, Out of Time ran out, and it’s easy to see why. Other than Washington’s steely performance and Dean Cain’s dark turn against type as a wife-beating lout, there’s not much else to distinguish this movie from the scores of other steamy whodunits out there. EXTRAS Audio commentary from Franklin, character profiles, and a featurette help deconstruct the crime scenes.
(Out of Time: Nicola Goode)
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Denzel Washington, John Billingsley, Dean Cain, Alex Carter, Nora Dunn, Sanaa Lathan, Eva Mendes; Director: Carl Franklin; Author: David Collard; Release Date Wide: 10/03/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 105; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: MGM
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Bill Maher compares Donald Trump to Andrew Dice Clay on 'Real Time'
- Jessica Williams & Stephen Colbert: Cap'n Crunch vs. Morton Salt girl
- Jimmy Fallon, Paul Rudd recreate Styx's 'Too Much Time On My Hands'
- WATCH: Geena Davis recalls getting really drunk for 'Thelma & Louise'
- Garry Marshall’s 5 rules for making a rom-com
- 'Guilt': Watch the first trailer for Freeform's steamy new drama
- Pearl Jam play 'Ten' front to back in Philly
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch