”For six decades I have concentrated on photographing attractive people who were doing attractive things in attractive places,” writes famed snapper Slim Aarons, 79, at the beginning of his new collection, Once Upon a Time. Over the years, Aarons has captured Man Ray at his Paris studio, Joan Collins in bed with her pink poodle, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull at an Irish mansion, and a decidedly un-PC Hugh Hefner (above) at the Chicago Playboy Club in 1960.
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Moby reflects on the iPod 15 years later: 'It felt like magic'
- Taylor Swift sings Calvin Harris' 'This Is What You Came For'
- 'The Walking Dead': Jeffrey Dean Morgan on why Saviors follow Negan
- Alec Baldwin calls out brother Stephen during 'SNL' debate cold open
- Benedict Cumberbatch to host final 'SNL' before election
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg set to perform in an opera
- 'Ghostbusters' director gets 'choked up' by supportive fans