”For six decades I have concentrated on photographing attractive people who were doing attractive things in attractive places,” writes famed snapper Slim Aarons, 79, at the beginning of his new collection, Once Upon a Time. Over the years, Aarons has captured Man Ray at his Paris studio, Joan Collins in bed with her pink poodle, Mick Jagger and Marianne Faithfull at an Irish mansion, and a decidedly un-PC Hugh Hefner (above) at the Chicago Playboy Club in 1960.
Posted January 9 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'The Dark Knight' video essay explores Heath Ledger's Joker
- Daisy Ridley says next 'Star Wars' title won't be revealed for a while
- Emily Blunt shares Julie Andrews' reaction to her Mary Poppins casting
- Kevin Smith recalls awkward text exchange with daughter
- ‘The Goldbergs’ enlists ‘The Office’ alum for ‘Brady Bunch’ episode
- Britney Spears says Carpool Karaoke was 'fun,' 'awkward'
- MTV VMAs: The most memorable performances