Janet Jackson is going to have a lot of company when she performs during the halftime show at the Super Bowl on Feb. 1. CBS and sister network MTV (which is producing the musical interlude) announced Wednesday that P. Diddy, Nelly, and Kid Rock will be joining Jackson on the gridiron stage in Houston’s Reliant Stadium. (AOL is the chief sponsor of the concert segment, whose full name is the AOL Top Speed Super Bowl XXXVIII Halftime Show.) The booking marks a return engagement for Nelly, who performed at the last MTV-produced Super Bowl halftime show three years ago, along with Aerosmith, ‘N Sync, Britney Spears, and Mary J. Blige. MTV president Van Toffler touted the show in a statement, saying: ”With the distinctive music of P.Diddy, Kid Rock, Nelly, and Janet Jackson colliding, it’s sure to be a powerhouse half-time that will appeal to all football and music fans.” Colliding? Maybe the NFL should issue the performers some helmets and shoulder pads.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Sherlock co-creator: For the last time, Holmes is not gay!
- Jamie Foxx makes controversial Bruce Jenner joke at iHeartRadio Music Awards
- Play a 'Super Mario 64' level online for free
- Death threats against BBC director investigated following Jeremy Clarkson firing
- Harrison Ford released from hospital following plane crash: Report
- Chrissy Teigen, Ludacris to host Billboard Music Awards
- Deadline editor apologizes for controversial diversity in casting article
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Clare & Don and More!