Curiously, the teaser trailer for June’s blockbuster hopeful ”The Chronicles of Riddick” relegates star Vin Diesel to the shadows. Literally. Could that have something to do with the box office tumble the ”XXX” man’s taken (with stinkers ”Knockaround Guys” in 2002 and 2003’s ”A Man Apart”) since he signed on to do the ”Pitch Black” sequel for a reported $12.5 mil back in 2001? ”People are going to the movies for great stories first,” says Adam Fogelson, Universal’s marketing president, about the fast-paced clip, which features close-ups of costars Judi Dench and Thandie Newton, as well as an army of life-destroying Necromongres. ”Superstars do not guarantee giant numbers,” he says. As for Diesel, ”Vin believes as strongly as we do.”
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Dennis Rodman guest stars in Skrillex, Yogi and Pusha T's creepy music video
- Someone turns Kanye West best quotes into a free book
- Jessica Chastain and Bryce Dallas Howard hung out together
- 'Ghostbusters' adds Andy Garcia and Michael K. Williams to the cast
- Zack Snyder on the Superman villain that almost was
- How a real-life horror story inspired new graphic novel 'The Divine'
- First look at Batgirl in 'Batman: Arkham Knight's' 'A Matter of Family'
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!