Curiously, the teaser trailer for June’s blockbuster hopeful ”The Chronicles of Riddick” relegates star Vin Diesel to the shadows. Literally. Could that have something to do with the box office tumble the ”XXX” man’s taken (with stinkers ”Knockaround Guys” in 2002 and 2003’s ”A Man Apart”) since he signed on to do the ”Pitch Black” sequel for a reported $12.5 mil back in 2001? ”People are going to the movies for great stories first,” says Adam Fogelson, Universal’s marketing president, about the fast-paced clip, which features close-ups of costars Judi Dench and Thandie Newton, as well as an army of life-destroying Necromongres. ”Superstars do not guarantee giant numbers,” he says. As for Diesel, ”Vin believes as strongly as we do.”
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Andrew & Laura, Rihanna and More!