Curiously, the teaser trailer for June’s blockbuster hopeful ”The Chronicles of Riddick” relegates star Vin Diesel to the shadows. Literally. Could that have something to do with the box office tumble the ”XXX” man’s taken (with stinkers ”Knockaround Guys” in 2002 and 2003’s ”A Man Apart”) since he signed on to do the ”Pitch Black” sequel for a reported $12.5 mil back in 2001? ”People are going to the movies for great stories first,” says Adam Fogelson, Universal’s marketing president, about the fast-paced clip, which features close-ups of costars Judi Dench and Thandie Newton, as well as an army of life-destroying Necromongres. ”Superstars do not guarantee giant numbers,” he says. As for Diesel, ”Vin believes as strongly as we do.”
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Quantico' postmortem: Who's gone from the Academy?
- 'Walking Dead' prologue scene sets up Negan, second half of season 6
- 'The Walking Dead': Did the midseason finale satisfy?
- See My Morning Jacket cover Eagles of Death Metal
- Sinead O’Connor found safe after posting that she had ‘taken an overdose'
- See Tracee Ellis Ross perform on stage with mom Diana Ross
- John Legend serenades Chrissy Teigen for her 30th birthday