Curiously, the teaser trailer for June’s blockbuster hopeful ”The Chronicles of Riddick” relegates star Vin Diesel to the shadows. Literally. Could that have something to do with the box office tumble the ”XXX” man’s taken (with stinkers ”Knockaround Guys” in 2002 and 2003’s ”A Man Apart”) since he signed on to do the ”Pitch Black” sequel for a reported $12.5 mil back in 2001? ”People are going to the movies for great stories first,” says Adam Fogelson, Universal’s marketing president, about the fast-paced clip, which features close-ups of costars Judi Dench and Thandie Newton, as well as an army of life-destroying Necromongres. ”Superstars do not guarantee giant numbers,” he says. As for Diesel, ”Vin believes as strongly as we do.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Game of Thrones: Gwendoline Christie on Brienne's surprise encounter -- exclusive
- 'Batman v Superman' has two new posters to go along with that trailer
- 'Fantastic Four' trailer arrives with hints of Doom
- 'Star Wars: Rogue One' will depict raid to steal original Death Star plans
- 'Furious 7' tops 'Paul Blart' at box office
- Victoria Justice breaks news to fans on Twitter: 'Eye Candy' canceled by MTV
- Jon Stewart explains 'Daily Show' exit
- Blake Lively in 'Age of Adaline': Style when you're forever 29
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- Kellie Pickler, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift & More!