As Aileen Wuornos, the Florida prostitute who murdered seven men, Charlize Theron plays an unredeemable woman with uncompromising reality. That’s a powerful accomplishment, even if the movie, which makes the half-baked suggestion that Aileen is a victim, never figures out what to do with it.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Charlize Theron, Bruce Dern, Christina Ricci, Scott Wilson; Director: Patty Jenkins; Author: Patty Jenkins; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Newmarket Capital Group
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Girl Meets World' picked up for season 3
- Secrets of BB-8: An EW 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' video
- 'Arrow' star David Ramsey shares his theories on who's in the grave
- Everything you need to know about Apollo Creed before seeing 'Creed'
- Rosie O'Donnell calls Donald Trump's campaign 'a nightmare'
- Vine star thanks little boy who stood up to her catcaller
- The new 'Men in Black' movie will have a woman in black
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year