As Aileen Wuornos, the Florida prostitute who murdered seven men, Charlize Theron plays an unredeemable woman with uncompromising reality. That’s a powerful accomplishment, even if the movie, which makes the half-baked suggestion that Aileen is a victim, never figures out what to do with it.
Genre: Drama; Starring: Charlize Theron, Bruce Dern, Christina Ricci, Scott Wilson; Director: Patty Jenkins; Author: Patty Jenkins; Release Date Wide: 01/09/2004; Runtime (in minutes): 110; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Newmarket Capital Group
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- How the novel 'Star Wars: Aftermath' sets up 'The Force Awakens'
- The lawsuit over 'Mr. Holmes' has been settled, attorney says
- Kristen Bell’s gift to Dax Shepard makes us all miss 'Parenthood'
- Casting Net: Jason Momoa to star in lumberjack thriller Braven
- Brad Paisley gets ready for football season with 'Country Nation' video
- Selena Gomez is officially in 'Neighbors 2'
- Interracial family comedy in the works at NBC, from Parks and Recreation pair
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!