We’d wear them even if it didn’t mean getting close to Colin Firth. Scarlett Johansson’s baubles in ”Girl With a Pearl Earring” aren’t just for the 17th century. ”More designers are using pearls,” says Robert Artelt of Mikimoto, whose modern version was inspired by the film. ”You’d think [young buyers] would go for something more trendy. But they love the classic design.”
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'
- John Boyega talks 'Star Wars': 'something symbolic about new generation and old coming together'
- 'Furious 7' wins at box office; No. 5 in all-time global earnings
- 'Goodfellas' reunion: 8 'funny' stories from the cast Q&A