We’d wear them even if it didn’t mean getting close to Colin Firth. Scarlett Johansson’s baubles in ”Girl With a Pearl Earring” aren’t just for the 17th century. ”More designers are using pearls,” says Robert Artelt of Mikimoto, whose modern version was inspired by the film. ”You’d think [young buyers] would go for something more trendy. But they love the classic design.”
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Stan Lee attends 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Casting Net: Radcliffe and Dano lead 'Swiss Army Man' cast
- AC/DC near streaming deals?
- Jack Carter, comedian-actor, dies at 93
- NeNe Leakes exiting 'Real Housewives'
- 'Star Trek' title confirmed: Justin Lin shares first photo from 'Beyond'
- 'Ghostbusters' uniform: Paul Feig tweets first look
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files' returns: New EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Rita Ora, Matthew, Darren & Jennifer, Brandy & More!