There’s nothing average about ”Average Joe: Hawaii”’s David Daskal. Whether jumping on a couch, tossing a watermelon into a pool, or reciting ”The Greatest American Hero”’s theme-song lyrics, the former mail sorter and star of a Spanish cell-phone ad (vagabond films.com) has stolen the show. ”I used to watch ‘The Real World’ and think, If I’m ever on a show like that, I’m gonna go nuts,” says Carrot Top’s twin. So how will he outdo himself? ”I hear Def Leppard might tour,” he says. ”If I can sing ‘Foolin” with them, my life will be complete.” The scary part? He’s not f-f-f-foolin’.
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Seth Meyers previews the Hillary Clinton-Donald Trump debates
- Carol Kane remembers Gene Wilder as ‘one of the great clowns’
- Danny Brown on how 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' influenced his new album
- Zach Braff set to star in, direct ABC comedy pilot 'Start Up'
- Zachary Quinto to narrate new John Scalzi novella 'The Dispatcher'
- Woody Allen's mysterious TV show releases first photos
- 'Anastasia' musical journeys to the past with enchanting new artwork