”There’s a catchphrase we use on set for the show,” says Michael Chiklis. ”’The Shield:’ It’s so wrong.” With that, the Emmy winner bursts out laughing. But jokes aside, the graphic and gripping cop drama may just be the most right thing on basic cable. In season 2, now on DVD complete with audio commentaries, featurettes, and 38 deleted scenes (unrated, 12 hrs., 24 mins., 4 discs, 2003, Fox), Chiklis’ Vic Mackey enters full-blown crisis mode. ”He’s sort of this wild animal that’s caught adrift for a while and doesn’t have any mooring,” Chiklis explains. ”And sometimes it manifests itself in the total loss of control.” (Like, say, the time he burned off half of a drug dealer’s face.) So, Michael, any hints about the upcoming season 3, which is currently filming? ”Nothing is free, my friend. Nothing is free.” Oh, that is sooooo wrong.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Last Man on Earth': Will Forte on THAT season finale twist
- 'Game of Thrones' actor explains his surprisingly early exit
- 'Suicide Squad': First Look at rogues' gallery in costume
- 'Game of Thrones': Carice van Houten on nudity, Jon Snow
- 'Star Wars': 'Force Awakens' toys in Sept.
- J.K. Rowling sorry for a 'Potter' death
- Kanye West announces new album title
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Halle Berry & Goldie Hawn, Plus Diddy, Melissa McCarthy & More!