You may need a cold-water dip after watching Ludivine Sagnier’s sizzling performance in ”Swimming Pool,” the English-language debut of director François Ozon. Set in the deceptively serene French countryside, the film tells about a demure British mystery writer (Charlotte Rampling) who escapes to her publisher’s summer home for a little inspiration. But when his provocative daughter (Sagnier) shows up unannounced, the prim novelist is sidetracked by the teen’s seedy conquests – an irritating distraction that grows progressively intriguing. Ozon blurs the line between fantasy and reality as he explores the increasing tension between the characters to create a chilling erotic thriller. EXTRAS Skippable: a ”Pool” trailer and a montage of deleted scenes as skimpy as Sagnier’s wardrobe.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Charlotte Rampling, Ludivine Sagnier, Charles Dance; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Emmanuele Bernheim, Francois Ozon; Release Date Wide: 07/02/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...