You may need a cold-water dip after watching Ludivine Sagnier’s sizzling performance in ”Swimming Pool,” the English-language debut of director François Ozon. Set in the deceptively serene French countryside, the film tells about a demure British mystery writer (Charlotte Rampling) who escapes to her publisher’s summer home for a little inspiration. But when his provocative daughter (Sagnier) shows up unannounced, the prim novelist is sidetracked by the teen’s seedy conquests – an irritating distraction that grows progressively intriguing. Ozon blurs the line between fantasy and reality as he explores the increasing tension between the characters to create a chilling erotic thriller. EXTRAS Skippable: a ”Pool” trailer and a montage of deleted scenes as skimpy as Sagnier’s wardrobe.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Charlotte Rampling, Ludivine Sagnier, Charles Dance; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Emmanuele Bernheim, Francois Ozon; Release Date Wide: 07/02/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Casting Net: 'TMNT 2' adds Brian Tee as bad guy Shredder
- 'Osbournes' won't reboot at VH1
- 'Chicago Fire/PD,' 'SVU' bosses on fatal crossover event
- Viola Davis will play Harriet Tubman in HBO movie
- Indie director Adam Wingard to tackle 'Death Note'
- Behold, Joe Manganiello's 'Magic Mike XXL' poster revealed
- Hailee Steinfeld cast to star in 'Break My Heart 1,000 Times' film adaptation