You may need a cold-water dip after watching Ludivine Sagnier’s sizzling performance in ”Swimming Pool,” the English-language debut of director François Ozon. Set in the deceptively serene French countryside, the film tells about a demure British mystery writer (Charlotte Rampling) who escapes to her publisher’s summer home for a little inspiration. But when his provocative daughter (Sagnier) shows up unannounced, the prim novelist is sidetracked by the teen’s seedy conquests – an irritating distraction that grows progressively intriguing. Ozon blurs the line between fantasy and reality as he explores the increasing tension between the characters to create a chilling erotic thriller. EXTRAS Skippable: a ”Pool” trailer and a montage of deleted scenes as skimpy as Sagnier’s wardrobe.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Charlotte Rampling, Ludivine Sagnier, Charles Dance; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Emmanuele Bernheim, Francois Ozon; Release Date Wide: 07/02/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Mad Max: Fury Road' posts quartet of short teasers
- Gene Saks, Tony-winning director, dies
- Scientology doc 'Going Clear' airing Sunday on HBO
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: See who got slimed
- 'Home' is where the weekend box office crown is: $54M debut
- Destiny's Child reunited at gospel event
- Angelina Jolie at Kids Choice Awards
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Justin Theroux, Josh Gad, Kristen Stewart & More!