You may need a cold-water dip after watching Ludivine Sagnier’s sizzling performance in ”Swimming Pool,” the English-language debut of director François Ozon. Set in the deceptively serene French countryside, the film tells about a demure British mystery writer (Charlotte Rampling) who escapes to her publisher’s summer home for a little inspiration. But when his provocative daughter (Sagnier) shows up unannounced, the prim novelist is sidetracked by the teen’s seedy conquests – an irritating distraction that grows progressively intriguing. Ozon blurs the line between fantasy and reality as he explores the increasing tension between the characters to create a chilling erotic thriller. EXTRAS Skippable: a ”Pool” trailer and a montage of deleted scenes as skimpy as Sagnier’s wardrobe.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Charlotte Rampling, Ludivine Sagnier, Charles Dance; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Emmanuele Bernheim, Francois Ozon; Release Date Wide: 07/02/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- F is for Favorites: Maria from Sesame Street recalls her 7 favorite episodes
- Netflix and Amazon pass on 'Hannibal,' but EP Bryan Fuller has hope
- Caitlyn Jenner gives empowering talk in new 'I Am Cait' trailer
- Michael Eisner clarifies comment that beautiful, funny women are 'impossible to find'
- Sluggish Fourth of July boxoffice no picnic for Hollywood
- Michael Fassbender is the Dude for upcoming 'Big Lebowski' live read in Montreal
- ESPN pulls golf tourney off Trump course
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Kendall Jenner, Liv Tyler, Jessie J & More!