You may need a cold-water dip after watching Ludivine Sagnier’s sizzling performance in ”Swimming Pool,” the English-language debut of director François Ozon. Set in the deceptively serene French countryside, the film tells about a demure British mystery writer (Charlotte Rampling) who escapes to her publisher’s summer home for a little inspiration. But when his provocative daughter (Sagnier) shows up unannounced, the prim novelist is sidetracked by the teen’s seedy conquests – an irritating distraction that grows progressively intriguing. Ozon blurs the line between fantasy and reality as he explores the increasing tension between the characters to create a chilling erotic thriller. EXTRAS Skippable: a ”Pool” trailer and a montage of deleted scenes as skimpy as Sagnier’s wardrobe.
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Charlotte Rampling, Ludivine Sagnier, Charles Dance; Director: Francois Ozon; Author: Emmanuele Bernheim, Francois Ozon; Release Date Wide: 07/02/2003; Runtime (in minutes): 102; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Focus Features
Posted January 16 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Girl Meets World' picked up for season 3
- Secrets of BB-8: An EW 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' video
- 'Arrow' star David Ramsey shares his theories on who's in the grave
- Everything you need to know about Apollo Creed before seeing 'Creed'
- Rosie O'Donnell calls Donald Trump's campaign 'a nightmare'
- Vine star thanks little boy who stood up to her catcaller
- The new 'Men in Black' movie will have a woman in black
- Taraji P. Henson's Biggest Moments in 2015
- Holiday Gift Guide: For the TV Fanatic
- 19 TV Families That Will Make You Thankful for Yours
- Literature's 8 Most Dysfunctional Thanksgiving Dinners
- 'Captain America: Civil War': Decoding the New Trailer
- EW's Entertainers of the Year pick their Entertainers of the Year