”I’m here under duress!” whines the star as the cast begins its commentary. We expect nothing less from our favorite balding, bespectaled neurotic. The HBO hit, Curb Your Enthusiasm, an exercise in awkwardness and anxiety, explores the minutiae of Larry David’s fictional life. The cocreator of ”Seinfeld” demonstrates he is the master of ”nothing” with 10 mostly improvised episodes like ”Beloved Aunt,” in which a plot trigger may be as simple as an obituary typo, but the laughs are free-flowing. EXTRAS The kibitzing lasts only through episode 1, but the faux doc of David’s attempted comedy comeback and real interview with Bob Costas make the set a must-have. As Jerry Seinfeld says, ”This guy proves you are what you are.” We wouldn’t want it any other way.
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Noel Gallagher gives Zayn Malik career advice
- Ian McKellen searches for the truth behind a 35-year-old mystery in 'Mr. Holmes'
- Jamie Foxx comments on bad National Anthem reviews
- Ben Carson launches 2016 campaign with Eminem cover
- First Look: Michael Kenneth Williams talks 'The Spoils Before Dying'
- Kiera Cass talks latest YA novel, 'The Heir'
- 'The Price Is Right' awards treadmill to contestant in wheelchair
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Rob & Kate, Anna Kendrick, Vanessa & Selena and More!