”I’m here under duress!” whines the star as the cast begins its commentary. We expect nothing less from our favorite balding, bespectaled neurotic. The HBO hit, Curb Your Enthusiasm, an exercise in awkwardness and anxiety, explores the minutiae of Larry David’s fictional life. The cocreator of ”Seinfeld” demonstrates he is the master of ”nothing” with 10 mostly improvised episodes like ”Beloved Aunt,” in which a plot trigger may be as simple as an obituary typo, but the laughs are free-flowing. EXTRAS The kibitzing lasts only through episode 1, but the faux doc of David’s attempted comedy comeback and real interview with Bob Costas make the set a must-have. As Jerry Seinfeld says, ”This guy proves you are what you are.” We wouldn’t want it any other way.
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!