It’s the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ”Arachnophobia” and ”When Harry Met Sally…,” has both – as she displays broadly in her debut novel. Wollie Shelley is the manager of an L.A. card shop who is looking for a man, going on endless blind dates as part of a research project run by a love-lines radio host. The chance of finding a match looks bleak – until Wollie goes to visit her institutionalized brother, stumbles on a corpse with a bullet hole, and gets kidnapped by a gorgeous ”doctor” carrying a ferret in his pocket. The mystery aspect of the novel isn’t consistently gripping, but the hilarious Wollie is entirely engaging.
Dating Dead Men It's the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ''Arachnophobia'' and ''When Harry Met...Dating Dead MenMystery and ThrillerHarley Jane Kozak It's the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ''Arachnophobia'' and ''When Harry Met...2004-01-23
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Harley Jane Kozak
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Cary Fukunaga leaves Stephen King adaptation 'It,' production indefinitely delayed
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- Ben Stiller tweets about mom Anne Meara
- Max Greenfield joins 'AHS: Hotel' cast
- Josh Duggar: Eye on awkward joke in clip
- Rob Thomas' 'Trust You': Hear it, get scoop on new album
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!