It’s the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ”Arachnophobia” and ”When Harry Met Sally…,” has both – as she displays broadly in her debut novel. Wollie Shelley is the manager of an L.A. card shop who is looking for a man, going on endless blind dates as part of a research project run by a love-lines radio host. The chance of finding a match looks bleak – until Wollie goes to visit her institutionalized brother, stumbles on a corpse with a bullet hole, and gets kidnapped by a gorgeous ”doctor” carrying a ferret in his pocket. The mystery aspect of the novel isn’t consistently gripping, but the hilarious Wollie is entirely engaging.
Dating Dead Men It's the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ''Arachnophobia'' and ''When Harry Met...Dating Dead MenMystery and ThrillerHarley Jane Kozak It's the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ''Arachnophobia'' and ''When Harry Met...2004-01-23
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Harley Jane Kozak
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!