It’s the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ”Arachnophobia” and ”When Harry Met Sally…,” has both – as she displays broadly in her debut novel. Wollie Shelley is the manager of an L.A. card shop who is looking for a man, going on endless blind dates as part of a research project run by a love-lines radio host. The chance of finding a match looks bleak – until Wollie goes to visit her institutionalized brother, stumbles on a corpse with a bullet hole, and gets kidnapped by a gorgeous ”doctor” carrying a ferret in his pocket. The mystery aspect of the novel isn’t consistently gripping, but the hilarious Wollie is entirely engaging.
Dating Dead Men It's the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ''Arachnophobia'' and ''When Harry Met...Dating Dead MenMystery and ThrillerHarley Jane Kozak It's the rare writer who has either a sense of humor or a sense of suspense. Kozak, who acted in such films as ''Arachnophobia'' and ''When Harry Met...2004-01-23
Genre: Mystery and Thriller; Author: Harley Jane Kozak
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- Zayn Malik thanks One Direction at event
- Pixar's 'Inside Out' peek: Joy has a special job for Sadness on first day at a new school
- ACM Awards' host Luke Bryan on big stage spotlight: 'It's fun to have a touch of anxiety'
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!