Prime-time animation is a notoriously risky genre, but UPN will take a chance on an unusual new CGI half-hour comedy that follows a family of videogame characters (voiced by folks like Patrick Warburton and Lucy Liu). ”Real” cybercharacters such as the Abe’s Oddysee gang or Crash Bandicoot will guest-star. ”There’s this giant audience of gamers who haven’t been approached with the proper respect and a genuinely inspired project,” says creator David Sacks. ”We’re the first show to take videogames as a cultural phenomenon seriously.” Now all he has to do is get the joystick jockeys to switch off the PS2 and turn on the TV. (spring)
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons, 'Doctor Who' heading to 'Lego Dimensions'
- Adam Rodriguez joins 'Empire' cast ahead of season 2
- Watch the trailer for HBO's gun violence documentary 'Requiem for the Dead'
- Milo Ventimiglia to attend 'Gilmore Girls' reunion at ATX Festival
- 'Big Bang Theory' characters go LEGO: First Look
- 'Ant-Man': First Look at new TV spot
- 'The Wizarding World of Harry Potter' set to open at Universal Studios Hollywood
Stormtrooper snow angels? Superhero graffiti war? Daniel Picard's 'Figure Fantasy' photos play with pop culture