Prime-time animation is a notoriously risky genre, but UPN will take a chance on an unusual new CGI half-hour comedy that follows a family of videogame characters (voiced by folks like Patrick Warburton and Lucy Liu). ”Real” cybercharacters such as the Abe’s Oddysee gang or Crash Bandicoot will guest-star. ”There’s this giant audience of gamers who haven’t been approached with the proper respect and a genuinely inspired project,” says creator David Sacks. ”We’re the first show to take videogames as a cultural phenomenon seriously.” Now all he has to do is get the joystick jockeys to switch off the PS2 and turn on the TV. (spring)
Posted January 17 2015 — 4:48 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!