Prime-time animation is a notoriously risky genre, but UPN will take a chance on an unusual new CGI half-hour comedy that follows a family of videogame characters (voiced by folks like Patrick Warburton and Lucy Liu). ”Real” cybercharacters such as the Abe’s Oddysee gang or Crash Bandicoot will guest-star. ”There’s this giant audience of gamers who haven’t been approached with the proper respect and a genuinely inspired project,” says creator David Sacks. ”We’re the first show to take videogames as a cultural phenomenon seriously.” Now all he has to do is get the joystick jockeys to switch off the PS2 and turn on the TV. (spring)
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Casting Net: Chris Messina in talks to join Ben Affleck's Live By Night
- Minions clears $1 billion at the worldwide box office
- Justin Bieber to spend several mornings with you on the 'Today' show
- 'Doubt': 'Good Wife' actor to star opposite Katherine Heigl
- The first trans director of 'Transparent' on his experiences with the show
- Miley Cyrus reveals what a rainbow tastes like during Tumblr Q&A
- Watch Tom Bergeron discover his fancy roots on 'Who Do You Think You Are?'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!