Prime-time animation is a notoriously risky genre, but UPN will take a chance on an unusual new CGI half-hour comedy that follows a family of videogame characters (voiced by folks like Patrick Warburton and Lucy Liu). ”Real” cybercharacters such as the Abe’s Oddysee gang or Crash Bandicoot will guest-star. ”There’s this giant audience of gamers who haven’t been approached with the proper respect and a genuinely inspired project,” says creator David Sacks. ”We’re the first show to take videogames as a cultural phenomenon seriously.” Now all he has to do is get the joystick jockeys to switch off the PS2 and turn on the TV. (spring)
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' producers charged over Harrison Ford on-set accident
- 'Outlander': Learn more about Claire's stylish future (and that red dress!)
- See the exclusive first trailer for Will Arnett's new Netflix show 'Flaked'
- Brandy teases new music: 'An album is definitely in the works'
- Exclusive 'Walking Dead' reunion of deceased characters
- Supermodels become superheroes in Marvel's new collaboration
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Outlander' season 2 trailer, premiere date revealed
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs