Prime-time animation is a notoriously risky genre, but UPN will take a chance on an unusual new CGI half-hour comedy that follows a family of videogame characters (voiced by folks like Patrick Warburton and Lucy Liu). ”Real” cybercharacters such as the Abe’s Oddysee gang or Crash Bandicoot will guest-star. ”There’s this giant audience of gamers who haven’t been approached with the proper respect and a genuinely inspired project,” says creator David Sacks. ”We’re the first show to take videogames as a cultural phenomenon seriously.” Now all he has to do is get the joystick jockeys to switch off the PS2 and turn on the TV. (spring)
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters