Prime-time animation is a notoriously risky genre, but UPN will take a chance on an unusual new CGI half-hour comedy that follows a family of videogame characters (voiced by folks like Patrick Warburton and Lucy Liu). ”Real” cybercharacters such as the Abe’s Oddysee gang or Crash Bandicoot will guest-star. ”There’s this giant audience of gamers who haven’t been approached with the proper respect and a genuinely inspired project,” says creator David Sacks. ”We’re the first show to take videogames as a cultural phenomenon seriously.” Now all he has to do is get the joystick jockeys to switch off the PS2 and turn on the TV. (spring)
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Meryl Streep in talks to join Emily Blunt in 'Mary Poppins Returns'
- 'Law & Order: SVU' books VP Joe Biden
- 'Jason Bourne' franchise gets the Honest Trailers treatment
- 'Justice League' star to make cameo in 'Suicide Squad'
- WATCH: Kelsea Ballerini covers Britney Spears on 'Greatest Hits'
- Matt Damon on 'Project Greenlight': 'We don't want to give up on it'
- Gwen Stefani brings bullied fan on stage during concert