Let’s just get it out of the way right now: There will be no scandalous sex scenes in this unauthorized biopic of Heidi Fleiss, the madam whose little black book became a who’s who of hooker-friendly Hollywood. Instead, Going Down: The Rise and Fall of Heidi Fleiss, starring The Sopranos’ Jamie-Lynn DiScala, will recount how a young woman with a privileged upbringing attained oldest-profession fame by All About Eve-ing her mentor, Madame Alex (My Left Foot’s Brenda Fricker). ”When I was researching I was trying to convince myself to like her and respect her, and I found it really easy,” says DiScala. Executive producer Stanley M. Brooks is hoping viewers have that reaction as well. ”The movie is about the link between power, fame, and Hollywood. Sex is just the commodity,” says Brooks, who shot the film two ways (one naughty, one nicer) so USA could decide just how nasty they want to be. ”If she was in the shoe business or the soda pop business, it wouldn’t be all that interesting to see someone carrying a case of Pepsi, would it?” No, we guess not. (March 29)
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer speaks out!
- 'Scream' postmortem: The killer revealed! What's next?
- Fox News anchor Harris Faulkner sues Hasbro over same-named toy hamster
- Casting Net: Scott Eastwood set to become action star in 'Overdrive'
- 'Scream' honors Wes Craven during finale
- Ellen Page says her 'Freeheld' role inspired her to come out
- 'Brides of Dracula' series from 'Arrow' producer gets NBC pilot commitment
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Diane Kruger, Padma Lakshmi, Elle Fanning & More!