The trumpeter reconvenes the quintet behind 2002’s gem The Infinite, adding guitarist Bill Frisell’s quavering twang to the mix. He achieves a richly detailed sound, elegant even in its eccentricities. Often, Frisell and Uri Caine’s piano cast lovely sonic halos around Douglas’ pungent tone. There’s an intelligent cohesion to these wide-ranging tracks, and just the right tension between composition and improvisation.
Strange Liberation The trumpeter reconvenes the quintet behind 2002's gem The Infinite, adding guitarist Bill Frisell's quavering twang to the mix. He achieves a richly...Strange Liberation The trumpeter reconvenes the quintet behind 2002's gem The Infinite, adding guitarist Bill Frisell's quavering twang to the mix. He achieves a richly...2004-01-23
Lead Performer: Dave Douglas; Producer (group): Arista, Bluebird
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Missing backup dancer found safe after Rihanna’s emotional plea
- 'Uncharted' movie picks up Shawn Levy to direct
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy's EW blog: Pro gives advice to those still in the game
- Seth Rogen, more to dine on 'Martha & Snoop's Potluck Dinner Party'
- Kevin Curran, Emmy-winning 'Simpsons' producers, dies at 59
- 'The Goldbergs' staging 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' reunion — exclusive
- Honest Trailers takes on 'The Nightmare Before Christmas'
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop