Four words, y’all: Sidney Poitier buddy comedy. Back in the day, Mister Tibbs starred in and directed three films, with Bill Cosby and a revolving cast from the who’s who of ’70s black film, and music by Curtis Mayfield and the Staple Singers. Lo-fi? Yeah. But there’s something about seeing the Oscar winner pimped out in a zoot suit that sells itself.
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Amandla Stenberg to star in 'Darkest Minds' trilogy adaptation
- 'MacGruber 2' update teased by Jorma Taccone
- Brand New delay album, will play 'The Devil And God' at fall shows
- 'Will & Grace' is back! Get a first look at the special reunion
- Ryan Murphy says The WB was 'very homophobic' during 'Popular'
- 'Big Brother: Over the Top' announces 12 new houseguests
- Kid Cudi's new album will feature Pharrell, Willow Smith, more