Four words, y’all: Sidney Poitier buddy comedy. Back in the day, Mister Tibbs starred in and directed three films, with Bill Cosby and a revolving cast from the who’s who of ’70s black film, and music by Curtis Mayfield and the Staple Singers. Lo-fi? Yeah. But there’s something about seeing the Oscar winner pimped out in a zoot suit that sells itself.
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Big Apple Circus performer juggles at 'Hamilton' pre-show
- The year in Shondaland: A look back with Shonda Rhimes & her leading ladies
- Colbert tackles Thanksgiving controversies on 'The Late Show'
- New 'Star Wars' spot returns us to last year's teaser
- Uzo Aduba explains what it's like to perform alongside Taylor Swift
- Jimmy Fallon and Nathan Lane play 'Kid Dictionary'
- James Corden: Don't deep-fry a turkey today