Four words, y’all: Sidney Poitier buddy comedy. Back in the day, Mister Tibbs starred in and directed three films, with Bill Cosby and a revolving cast from the who’s who of ’70s black film, and music by Curtis Mayfield and the Staple Singers. Lo-fi? Yeah. But there’s something about seeing the Oscar winner pimped out in a zoot suit that sells itself.
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Brandy teases new music: 'An album is definitely in the works'
- Exclusive 'Walking Dead' reunion of deceased characters
- Supermodels become superheroes in Marvel's new collaboration
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Outlander' season 2 trailer, premiere date revealed
- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: 'Grey's' star explains social media brand
- Kristen Stewart and Nicholas Hoult are dystopian lovers in new 'Equals' trailer
- Ryan Reynolds pranked Blake Lively while she was in labor
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996
- 'Beautiful Girls': Where Are They Now?
- 15 Musicians Who Banned Candidates From Using Their Songs
- See '90s Stars at the 1996 'Broken Arrow' Premiere