Four words, y’all: Sidney Poitier buddy comedy. Back in the day, Mister Tibbs starred in and directed three films, with Bill Cosby and a revolving cast from the who’s who of ’70s black film, and music by Curtis Mayfield and the Staple Singers. Lo-fi? Yeah. But there’s something about seeing the Oscar winner pimped out in a zoot suit that sells itself.
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- 'Star Trek V: The Final Frontier': Surreal, barely finished, oddly fun
- Kickstarter campaign launches to republish Joe Lansdale's 'Red Range'
- Maisie Williams phones into radio interview with Kit Harington
- See the 'Fast 8' gang goof around during their first day on set
- The 5 best romantic tearjerkers of all time
- EW's Season Finale Awards: Vote for your favorite moments
- What to Watch This Weekend: Fill your long weekend with 'Bloodline'
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers