”New York Times” reporter LeDuff has a clear arena of interest: ”I write about the people who live in neighborhoods, crowded apartments and dreary ranch houses. These are the people who shovel their own snow and have fat aunties who wear stretch pants with stains on the ass.” His extraordinary collection of profiles is an ode to the regular joe: the grave digger, the used-car salesman, the East Side barber, the street-corner Santa, and, memorably, the Sinatra interpreter who’d hit you for calling him an impersonator (”’There is a fine line between the Rubenstein bar mitzvah and art. I am, I must say with all humility, an artist”’). LeDuff’s loving portraits of the assorted bars where working men go to wet their lips could make a drunk out of you. And this LeDuff fan really will have to hit the bottle if the recent and, so far, isolated accusations of plagiarism stick.
Work and Other Sins ''New York Times'' reporter LeDuff has a clear arena of interest: ''I write about the people who live in neighborhoods, crowded apartments and dreary...Work and Other SinsNonfictionCharlie LeDuff ''New York Times'' reporter LeDuff has a clear arena of interest: ''I write about the people who live in neighborhoods, crowded apartments and dreary...2004-01-23Penguin
Genre: Nonfiction; Author: Charlie LeDuff; Publisher: Penguin
Posted January 23 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!