Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany were both snubbed for Oscars this week – she for ”House of Sand and Fog,” her husband for ”Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World.” But their next roles may offer a nice bonus: getting to work together. According to The Hollywood Reporter, they’re in talks to star in the film version of Philip Roth’s novel ”American Pastoral,” which director Phillip Noyce (”The Quiet American,” ”Clear and Present Danger”) will shoot this spring. Connelly and Bettany, who met when they starred opposite Russell Crowe in ”A Beautiful Mind,” would play the all-American couple at the center of the story, who learn that their daughter (Evan Rachel Wood), a violent 1960s radical, has committed a lethal act of terrorism. (And you thought Wood was a rebellious, out-of-control kid in ”Thirteen.”) We’re guessing it’ll take Oscar-caliber acting – or lots of latex – to convince moviegoers that 32-year-old Bettany and 33-year-old Connelly are the parents of 16-year-old Wood.
(Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany: aul Fenton-KPA/ZUMA Press./NewsCom)
Posted January 29 2004 — 12:00 AM EST
- John Stamos congratulates Mary-Kate on her wedding with adorable throwback
- Glassjaw return with new song, reportedly from first album in 13 years
- Spike Lee: Donald Trump's push to close mosques 'like Hitler'
- Jerry Seinfeld announces Beacon Theater residency for 2016
- 'Inside Out,' 'The Good Dinosaur' lead Annie Awards nominations
- Rambo TV series in the works at Fox
- Best of 2015 (Behind the Scenes): Patrick Dempsey says goodbye to McDreamy